Hellcat Swap Into 72 Demon

-
Started mocking up the supercharger cooling system.

Main heat exchanger is from a zL1 Camaro.
Aux is a heavy duty oil cooler. I think I will mount it behind the valence and cut in a air duct
Using drag race style in line water pump that flows similar to the stock hellcat pump but is 1/3 of the price

4D85744F-12CC-4556-A8D5-9D0317E6C1DD.jpeg

EC0F4867-B6A9-4D21-AD63-30A2C1A75797.jpeg

0C9C332A-60D7-417A-B36C-C4407E88D242.jpeg

4D405F0D-7141-499C-8312-26FD6E93D5DC.jpeg

2951FEFC-832B-4B09-8C96-1CFCF28F1AD8.jpeg

That's Gonna be a Sick Ride Brother! Killer Mopar! You got mad Talent too man that's a heck of a swap! Actually pretty tasteful too, you keeping it Mopar brother!!

Awesome build. I will be watching as I love Demons

Super interested and following: Been dreaming up this same swap after I abandoned plans to Viper engine swap my Demon. A hellcat requires way less mods to make it work and way more horsepower.

Super interested and following: Been dreaming up this same swap after I abandoned plans to Viper engine swap my Demon. A hellcat requires way less mods to make it work and way more horsepower.
Wow! viper motor, that would be a project but very cool. Yeah the hellcat appears to be the similar to any gen III swap other than the supercharger cooling and hood clearance. I’ll post on that next.

Yeah a viper engine would’ve been cool…heck even have the viper engine and trans sitting here….but the hellcat swap is more realistic. I’m def Looking forward to seeing the hood clearance issues and solutions. Keep up the great build!

Wiper motor relocation to under the dash - Lots of sidebar projects to this swap. This one took some time to get the alignment right, but I’m happy with the results. I used a 90’s Jeep Wrangler motor and made a bracket. Welded to underside of cowl. Kept the welds cold to avoid burn thru, so they’re ugly

converted the linkage connection to motor from square to tapered spline to match the new motor

2CA4588E-CBC3-49D0-8E05-60D778485F61.jpeg

BDDB78D8-69C8-4B88-B62D-1FAEF65967C1.jpeg

Yes! Thanks for interest. I don’t post as much as I should

Mock up is complete as far as Im going to take it. Plumbed supercharger cooling using -12 nylon AN. Ran lines behind fender and hid as much as possible. I wanted to fabricate the resovior and hide that but ended up using factory hellcat for now

I cut openings in the front valance for the Aux SC cooler and oil cooler. This was a difficult decision because this body is in such good shape but I think it came out ok

IMG_2303.jpeg

IMG_2326.jpeg

used identical CSF racing coolers on each side between the bumper brackets behind the valance. One for oil, one for Aux SC. The factory hellcats have 2 SC coolers. I see most swaps only using a center main but I wanted to try to mimic the factory system as much as possible. These csf coolers are beefy Made for off-road I think

IMG_2179.jpeg

IMG_2186.jpeg

IMG_2264.jpeg

used identical CSF racing coolers on each side between the bumper brackets behind the valance. One for oil, one for Aux SC. The factory hellcats have 2 SC coolers. I see most swaps only using a center main but I wanted to try to mimic the factory system as much as possible. These csf coolers are beefy Made for off-road I think

View attachment 1716088110

View attachment 1716088111

View attachment 1716088112
Nice work. Good job being patient and thinking it thru.

View attachment 1716088110

View attachment 1716088111

View attachment 1716088112
Over here taking notes man because I'll be following suit soon! Just acquiring other materials now. I've got replace the LH frame rail first. Great work!

Over here taking notes man because I'll be following suit soon! Just acquiring other materials now. I've got replace the LH frame rail first. Great work!
Thanks, glad to hear you’re doing the same. Hopefully parts lead times are getting better. Try to order all you can early. I got hung up waiting on a couple

Thanks, glad to hear you’re doing the same. Hopefully parts lead times are getting better. Try to order all you can early. I got hung up waiting on a couple

And Holley seems to have removed almost all of their header options for G3 swaps. Could just be the lead times are so far out they just aren't listing them now, but hate to think that the only option with the Holley mounts might be the cast iron manifolds they sell. No idea if TTI headers would work with the Holley mounts, either.

Just another reason to jump on whatever is needed rather than wait. Glad I got most of my stuff already.

Not saying the Holley stuff is the best option for everyone, just an example of parts being in a flux.

The op has a very cool car build going on and I would love to put a hellcat engine in my 65 valalint . I was looking for something on utube the other day and came across this. Thought the op might like it. I do not know the owner.

Hellcat Swapped 72 Demon DynoDay part 2 (SUCCESS!!!)

The op has a very cool car build going on and I would love to put a hellcat engine in my 65 valalint . I was looking for something on utube the other day and came across this. Thought the op might like it. I do not know the owner.

Thanks for sharing. I’m always looking for other swap examples but haven’t seen that one. I guess I’ll have to look into porting my supercharger now! lol

They built this down at my mechanic's place in Eugene. Very fun to watch come together!

-
Back