Hello all! Mopar340dave here

-

mopar340dave

Reaction score
I've come on and looked around plenty of times and I finally joined up. I have a 69 340 4speed swinger w/3.91's. That dark metallic green with the white stripe around the tail.
My next project with it is going to be a twin turbo build based on a fairly mild 85 318. I'll also be putting in either 3.23's or 2.92's and run a 27" tire. It should be interesting, to say the least!:read2:

Hey, dude.

If that 340 was original to the car, hold on to it. Good luck with all that plumbing. Properly done, it should work out well.

Yes the engine is original, that's why i don't want to blow it up....again! LOL
I have a 318 from a 85 New Yorker that was way too good stock not to build it BAD. I put it in my Dart w/3.91 gears and a 4-speed and drove it from Florida to NY state and back. The only maintenance I did on it was to add oil and gas and I had some radiator issues. That issue is gone with a large Griffin with a big electric fan and an aluminum shroud that covers the entire rear face plus no more mechanical fan.
I have the original 340 in it now. The X heads have s little clean-up done to them with a good valve job, there's a supposedly custom ground cam in it to match my heads (???), Crane race rockers, chrome box, TTI headers + Flowmasters, BG Might Demon 650...probably too much carb for the set-up right now. The carb was really for the .528/308 solid Clay Smith I was running before (and still should be!).

And...uhhh...yeah...I suck for pictures....

This is my 05 Nightrain in front of it. I have an 07 now.

IMG_1446.jpg

All my 4-wheeled road vehicles are mopars. I have owned mopars since 1986 and have owned them exclusively since early 2004. I have completely sworn off the other American cars....just in time for Chrysler to go under...well, I hope not and I don't think so...

Here's the 07 Nightrain with minimal mods~~~floating rotors and killer pads, front wheel and inverted blacked out front end~~~parked in front of the 69.
2007005-1.jpg

And I always liked this pic...all flooded out....probably because it's the only damn thing I ever figured out how to do with my photoshop program!!!=P~
Dartsmokinum004.jpg

Thanks!
I have a t shirt with your sig line on the back...with a dark outline type deal of a hot chick....

I got that of off a No Fear T shirt I have. The funny thing is, It's true. LOL
Not that she is scary but that she lets me race..............some times.

Glad to see another forced induction enthusiast joining up to compare notes with. I wanted a turbo setup for my 360 Magnum/'72 Valiant, but the lack of a welder (and welding skills) effectively killed that project for me, so I did what I perceived to be the next-best-thing, and ended up with this (see attached photos,) a Vortech centrifugal, blow-thru/carb setup. I haven't had it to the strip, yet, but it's ready to run down the track. It'll be interesting to see how much I picked up from the addition of about 8-10 pounds of boost. I installed a better intake manifold and swapped my cast iron 340 exhaust manifolds for a complete TTI header/H-pipe setup (X pipe wasn't available, yet.) I'm hoping for about a one-second improvement. It ran 13.35 @102 before.

As soon as I get a time slip, I'l post it on here.

Procharger is the only company that I know of who makes a kit for a centrifugal blower for small-block Mopars in A-bodies, and I had a Vortech blower, so, I did the installation myself, fabricating the mounting plate and plumbing here at home.

Does anyone have a kit for a 318/340/360 turbo setup in an A-body? You may have to do what I did and make everything yourself... not too hard if you're a welder, I guess. I usually can't even get super glue to hold... :angry7:

Welcome aboard!!!

Bill, in Conway, Akansas

100_0116.jpg

100_3230-3.jpg

100_3228-2.jpg

Welcome Dave, nice lookin Dart you got yourself there! I would definatly hold onto that 340 if I were you, and the rear gear if its the correct one.

That thing looks like a monster!

And yours too...LOL

Yeah, I've got pretty much everything the car came with. I'm just gonna add a few things after I take a few things out ....LOL

Man! You guys have some nice rides on here! I have decided that somehow this will be the year i get mine restored and on the road again. The 69 swinger has been mine since 91 and I have really only made it faster, never making it look any better. It's really time to make it clean again....

Welcome 340 Dave!:cheers: This is the best damn Mopar site on the web hands down, you will meet some great people here!:toothy10:

Picture 659.jpg

Man! that Valiant is sweet! I bet you surprise the crap out of the kids in their newer cars! LOL

Welcome to FABO Dave! I'm currently in process of getting my 'new' '69 Dart built and out on the road. Mine 'new' Dart started life as a 270 model but is gonna hit the road looking similar to my original '69 340 Swinger (but not a clone).
I got stupid years ago and decided to turn my original '69 Swinger into a strip only car built to run NHRA 'Super Street' class on a 10.90 index. Then got stupider and sold it during a financial downturn following a divorce. Sure wish I had that car back 'cause it would make a great street car now! It was tubbed to fit 14x32 slicks, complete 'glass lift-off front end, aluminum interior, coil-over front with rack & pinion steering. Yeah, sure would be a fun ride now!
Keep us updated on your twin-turbo build. It's gonna be a killer combination.

-
Back