Hello Everyone DART from Brazil!

-

lucasdaytona

Reaction score
Hello !

I'm from Brazil, and have a 1975 Dart ( same as 1969 USA dart )
Is very good see a good forum for A-body only!

Greetings!

sorry about the english...

Hello !

I'm from Brazil, and have a 1975 Dart ( same as 1969 USA dart )
Is very good see a good forum for A-body only!

Greetings!

sorry about the english...

Welcome to FABO!!
Don't worry about the English, you're doing better than me!:cheers:

Enjoy the website!

75-86.jpg

75-87.jpg

Yes, Yes, lucasdaytona, please school us on the Brazilian Darts, I'd love to see and hear all about it. And welcome to the best site on the web, you're gonna like it here!!! Geof

So cool! I love the south america Darts. Seems Mopar in thier wisdome made some way cool cars and kept selling them long after the "gas crunch" b.s. I've seen some very cool Mexican mopars too. They have very comfy looking interiors!

Very nice Dart. And welcome to FABO. What type of wheels do you have on there?

you won't believe it!
In Brazil good tires for 14 or 15 wheels are VERY spensive, so I use an 16 inch wheel and a 245/45/16 tire, there are people that thinks it is horrible, but I liked... and it works very well! Just for curiosity, these rear tires cost: each 195 dollars. Some good price (only in usa...), BF 245/60/14 in Brazil, each :
279 dollars... And don't think in slick tires, THEY ARE REALLY EXPENSIVE!!
And I don't like the BF ones, I think my Nexen 245/45/16 have much more traction, but surely it doesn't look good like the BFs does!
My car isn't too strong, but standards tires just can't traction too well...
And, about the question... the wheels are from the Ford Ranger, just changed their center to my Dart standard. American wheels don't fit it, Brazilian Darts use an French bolt pattern ( I know, sounds very strange, but it's a long story...)

Welcome to the site. I really like that trunk trim. It looks way cooler than ours.

Real thanks man!
I always tell my brother that theses wheels are nice!
Darts here also have identical rallye wheels, just like yours!
I'm thinking in a topic about Brazilian Darts.... what everyone thinks about it?

great looking dart! i love seeing people on here with mopars from south america!

WOW, that's one cool Dart there lucas!!! You're right, it looks almost like a 69 except the trunk trim. And the taillights look more like 67's!! I gotta know about that master cylinder and booster. Original or add on? As for the wheels, don't sweat it!!! If you like em' that's all that matters. Yes, by all means, start a thread describing all that you know about your Dart and any differences to the U.S built cars. That would make for some interesting reading!!! Thanks for sharing, you should be very proud of that car!!! Geof

WOW, that's one cool Dart there lucas!!! You're right, it looks almost like a 69 except the trunk trim. And the taillights look more like 67's!! I gotta know about that master cylinder and booster. Original or add on? As for the wheels, don't sweat it!!! If you like em' that's all that matters. Yes, by all means, start a thread describing all that you know about your Dart and any differences to the U.S built cars. That would make for some interesting reading!!! Thanks for sharing, you should be very proud of that car!!! Geof

The master cylinder is original, the booster too, but it is of the pos 1979 models, mine is 1975, it used a smaller booster. With the bigger the brake have more precision. Until the thread don't comes, some pics of the national marketing of the start of the sales!

They say :

first : How Chrysler tamed 198 horses
second : The Dodge Dart is the luxury car more powerfull

dart_70_5.jpg

dart_70_8.jpg

I like the before and after pics under the hood. Did you do anything to the motor other than the intake, carb and air cleaner?

I like the before and after pics under the hood. Did you do anything to the motor other than the intake, carb and air cleaner?
yes man!
Changed the cam (was stock 240/248 - .373/.400, now summit k6901)
new exhaust 2 1/2 "
moved the battery to rear
and a eletrical fuel pump
in the before pic the block was already bored 0.30 with flat top pistons.
and tomorrow I finish the heads change! (was stock LA, now Ported and bigger valves 1.88/1.60, and new springs)

I bet it sounds sweet and you turn a lot of heads when you drive down the street.

-
Back