Hello everyone.

-

Crazyfish

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to introduce myself here before I started asking a million questions about my 68 barracuda. Im am excited to start working on it again, and wanted to share my love for this car with you here. It sat in my fathers garage for about 8 years. He bought it about 20 years ago and had it painted. He also dropped in the 340 that is in it now. It is in decent shape, today was the first day it ran in about 4 years. Im looking forward to this wealth of knowledge here on fabo, thank you

Attachments

• 68 notch.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 208
Welcome from the south.Nice car and wheels.Cragars are my all time favorite muscle car wheels.

Welcome and enjoy the site. Nice barracuda. I love to see cars with a family history. :thumbrig:

Hey, welcome Crazyfish! What a cool 'Cuda! I used to have a notch and always wondered what it would look like purple. Toss up some more pics if you get the chance! Enjoy!

I searched around till i found a thread about the trunk moldings for the 68 and it mentioned laysons restoration parts. Pricey, but if they are worth it i would consider paying the few hundred. Does anybody know of an alternate source for these things??? Its been a eyesore about this car for some time now.

Attachments

• 68 notch 2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 138
I searched around till i found a thread about the trunk moldings for the 68 and it mentioned laysons restoration parts. Pricey, but if they are worth it i would consider paying the few hundred. Does anybody know of an alternate source for these things??? Its been a eyesore about this car for some time now.

Welcome to fabo Crazyfish. If you want to buy something from laysons make sure they actually have the product first. I've had extremly good service from a guy on here Rick from layson's. You send him a PM rick@laysons and he'll let you know about the product and if it's in stock.

More shots of the car. (its been sitting in the garage for years so im sorry its not as great looking as most of the cars on fabo) My intent is to get new rubber and wheels for it possibly 17 inch, and a new exhaust headers all the way back, and we'll go from there. I put on a holley ultra double pumper that seems to work well, along with the basic tune up stuff wires plugs cap rotor etc.

Attachments

• 68 notch 7.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 68 notch 9.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 68 notch 10.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 120
Welcome to FABO!

Great people and information here.

Very nice Barracuda! You might enjoy the thread "Show Us Pictures of 2nd Generation Barracudas". Post your pictures there if you find the time...

Enjoy,

Ma Snart

Attachments

• WOW Drver Side Rear 3 QTR.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 86
-
Back