Hello FABO from Indiana

-

Foxxwoof

Reaction score
I"ve been lurking here for quite a while, I figure it's time to start posting. I'm on my second A-body. I've alway been a MoPar guy. My family had a bunch of them. First car I ever drove from my mother's lap was her bannana yellow '73 Challenger Rallye when I was about 8. I came home from the hospital in my dad's '64 Sport Fury, because the '72 Charger SE broke down on the way to hospital. Dad also had a '67 Baracuda, '68 Roadrunner, and a '78 Jeep J10. That was before he jumped to a '70 AMX in the '80s after my parents divorced and she got rid of all his cars (he took the Jeep with).

All the cars came, because my grandfather had his hands in a Dodge dealership in the '70s. So before I was born they had a Superbird for a while (got rid of because he ruined the nose on it twice and got tired of that repair bill), grandma drove a '68 Hemi Charger for a while and '64 Dart GT with a Charlie Allen built engine. My Uncle had Kenneth had a Black '70 Swinger 340 that he wrecked.

I was originally into Mustangs for a while, because it was what I could afford (had 3 of them: '70 V8 Coupe, '71 Mach1, '73 Grande), and because I couldn't afford the '71 Swinger Special 318 I had my eye on when I was 16. My first A-body was a 225 slant six '70 Swinger, that I bought for $500 and drove til the headgasket let go on me back in the late '90s while I was going to college. Originally a DY3 (Cream) car with vinyl top and black bench interior. Someone had spray painted it a couple of different colors before I got it.
7684975128_f19854ae44_o.jpg

My current A-body is a '70 Swinger 340 I bought shortly after the first one died on me (around '99-'00). A original FJ5 sublime car with factory performance hood treatment, hood pins and white tail stripe. I still have her to this day, though she is due to go under the knife now. The person I bought her from was the second owner. Kim and her husband did a half-*** restoration that used I don't know how many cans of bondo in the quarters and rockers, and welding in some random metal into the front passenger floor. Their painter also mixed the sublime paint wrong and made it too yellow, but they sprayed 6 coats of it on the car anyway because he cut them deal.

Here she is before Kim started the HA Resto in the early '90s. Yep.. the original owner changed the blacked out hood to white, before Kim got it.
33786490133_2a8d46125b_o.jpg

And here she is now, this photo was about 6 years ago.
3178068373_3245f879e0_o.jpg

Last edited:
I"ve been lurking here for quite a while, I figure it's time to start posting. I'm on my second A-body. I've alway been a MoPar guy. My family had a bunch of them. First car I ever drove from my mother's lap was her bannana yellow '73 Challenger Rallye when I was about 8. I came home from the hospital in my dad's '64 Sport Fury, because the '72 Charger SE broke down on the way to hospital. Dad also had a '67 Baracuda, '68 Roadrunner, and a '78 Jeep J10. That was before he jumped to a '70 AMX in the '80s after my parents divorced and she got rid of all his cars (he took the Jeep with).

All the cars came, because my grandfather had his hands in a Dodge dealership in the '70s. So before I was born they had a Superbird for a while (got rid of because he ruined the nose on it twice and got tired of that repair bill), grandma drove a '68 Hemi Charger for a while and '64 Dart GT with a Charlie Allen built engine. My Uncle had Kenneth had a Black '70 Swinger 340 that he wrecked.

I was originally into Mustangs for a while, because it was what I could afford (had 3 of them: '70 V8 Coupe, '71 Mach1, '73 Grande), and because I couldn't afford the '71 Swinger Special 318 I had my eye on when I was 16. My first A-body was a 225 slant six '70 Swinger, that I bought for $500 and drove til the headgasket let go on me back in the late '90s while I was going to college. Originally a DY3 (Cream) car with vinyl top and black bench interior. Someone had spray painted it a couple of different colors before I got it.
View attachment 1715046539

My current A-body is a '70 Swinger 340 I bought shortly after the first one died on me (around '99-'00). A original FJ5 sublime car with factory performance hood treatment, hood pins and white tail stripe. I still have her to this day, though she is due to go under the knife now. The person I bought her from was the second owner. Kim and her husband did a half-*** restoration that used I don't know how many cans of bondo in the quarters and rockers, and welding in some random metal into the front passenger floor. Their painter also mixed the sublime paint wrong and made it too yellow, but they sprayed 6 coats of it on the car anyway because he cut them deal.

Here she is before Kim started the HA Resto in the early '90s. Yep.. the original owner changed the blacked out hood to white, before Kim got it.
View attachment 1715046540
And here she is now, this photo was about 6 years ago.
View attachment 1715046541

Where about in Indiana? I'm originally from Crawfordsville..

65Cudafix

-
Back