Hello from Argentina!

-

Tano_440

Reaction score
Hello Fabo! My name is Diego, I'm from argentina and I own a 71' Dodge GTX, yes, this is not a mistake, here in argentina chrysler built a car using that name. It is said that the prototype was designed in the states for our market and then produced here.
The argentinian Dodge GTX has a narrow a-body, it came with a 225ci slant six or a 318 (at that time, this little mopar was the most powerfull engine in my country, kind of sad, isn't it? :p) the gearbox is an a230-4 (it's some sort of evolution of the a230-3) and it's quite weak, so i have a 833 waiting to take its place. Rear axle is a DANA 44 with a 2.87, I like using the car on the route, i believe it belongs there, so that's the best choice for me right now. The interior looks a lot like the barracudas of the late 60s, on the outside there's still some major bodywork and paiting to be done, well enough talk, here are some pictures!

And this is me with a friend (i'm the one on the left) he has a 72' gtx.

Later i'll upload some pictures of the engine. Hope you all like it!

Sorry if I misspelled or something, it's been a lot of time since i don't speak english.

That is a Sharp Car. Welcome to FABO. I wished they had brought that body style to the US.

Hola, Diego! Welcome to FABO from Southern California. You're going to have fun here!
Great looking car. I've never seen one of those before but you can definitely see styling cues from other Mopars in both the front and the rear.
Please post more pics of other South American Mopars if you can.

Thanks for your welcome!

For those of you who asked about the mopars in argentina... some more pics!

Here I'll show you a Polara RT, this is some sort of marketing fail, this car was supposed to be
the sportive version of the gtx... but it was equipped with a 225 slant six, the rear axle was a
dana 44 3.31 so they were quite even in the 1/4 mile, at top speed the gtx would be a little bit faster.
I love those stripes.

This picture is at the local dragstrip
318 with two turbos

And here is a Polara RT without the stripes

Back in the 70s/80s there was a local formula 1, the cars ran with slant six and 318 (dodge), 221 /6 and 292 Y block (ford) and 250 (chevrolet)
Here is a picture of that slant six:

Here is the four door version of my car, this is a Dodge GT, also equipped with a 225 slant six but the gearbox was a 833

Back to the GTX here is one that i love: white stripes and plum crazy (the car behind is what we call a Valiant v200)

78 dodge gtx and its interior (next to it a 75 polara RT and behind this one a Valiant IV)

This is 65 Valiant III with a 225 slant (some day i'll buy one of these and put a v8 inside of it)

Back to my car, I took this picture at "sierra de los padres" in my last trip, one of my favorites!

Please, tell me if I'm boring you!

Welcome Diego...Cool rides and I like the center caps on your road wheels in the first few pics. I don't think I've seen those before...hmmm?

Mucho gusto, Amigo! Nice car! I have never seen this model before. Really great to see some thing different! Thanks for posting your pics of your car. I like the grill- totally new concept with the square head lights. Welcome!

Welcome Diego...Cool rides and I like the center caps on your road wheels in the first few pics. I don't think I've seen those before...hmmm?

I really don't know if these were ever made outside my country, on the gtx it would be red, as shown in this picture, and on the rt's the would be black.

I like the grill- totally new concept with the square head lights. Welcome!
Hahaha I like the way the car is, but a guy that i know brought a coronet grill and it fits our front, that kind of lights looks awesome in this car.
Here is a pic of a rt wi that kind of lights (not the one with the coronet grill)

Holy Cripes! Hey! Are those square headlights correct for your car?

What a sweet bunch of iron, dang!

Were getting alotta guys from South America. Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome!!! Nice car you have there!!! And thanks for the other pictures as well!!

Welcome to FABO, Diego. Sorry to jack your thread, I just want to spark my North American brothers imagination.

Those are some "trick looking" South American rides. I wonder if the pricing there is comparable to U S pricing on the A bodies. Think about it fellow FABO members, you get one from down south, restore it and take it to an all Mopar event. You would have everyone and their extended family drooling over it.

Wow:wav: Welcome from Arkansas !! And thank you for another great history lesson I enjoy here!!
Wow I am speechless :colors:
All I can say is I hope you enjoy this great site :thumleft::thumleft:

Welcome to FABO !!!
Diego,
Grandes coches en busca de que usted tiene en argentina.I gustaría más fotos ...
¿En qué ciudad vive usted?
Tengo familia en Argentina.
Fue un placer conocer a otro argentian.
Mi padre era de Córdoba y la madre de Mendoza.
Adiós por ahora.
Martin
TXDart

Holy Cripes! Hey! Are those square headlights correct for your car?
Yes, they all came with square headlights, the RT with round headlights is a owner's modification. (But I looks soooo right it should have been like that).

Welcome to FABO, Diego. Sorry to jack your thread, I just want to spark my North American brothers imagination.

Those are some "trick looking" South American rides. I wonder if the pricing there is comparable to U S pricing on the A bodies. Think about it fellow FABO members, you get one from down south, restore it and take it to an all Mopar event. You would have everyone and their extended family drooling over it.
No problem Demonracer, u$s1 is worth $4,10 (pesos argentinos).
Here are some cars for sale:
http://auto.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-122185994-dodge-rt-polara-rt-gtx-coronado--_JM

http://auto.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-120700905-dodge-coupe-gtx-v8-1971-tomo-menor-valor-_JM

http://auto.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-120399633-dodge-gtx-v8-excelente-_JM

This one looks like a good restoration project!
http://auto.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-122813413-vendo-dodge-gtx-v8-_JM

A few years ago this cars were worth NOTHING, people would, literally, throw them away. Now they are becoming more and more expensive and rare. Right now it's very difficult to find a car with a good price and in conditions for a proper restoring.
Welcome to FABO !!!
Diego,
Grandes coches en busca de que usted tiene en argentina.I gustaría más fotos ...
¿En qué ciudad vive usted?
Tengo familia en Argentina.
Fue un placer conocer a otro argentian.
Mi padre era de Córdoba y la madre de Mendoza.
Adiós por ahora.
Martin
TXDart
PM!

-
Back