Hello from Australian mopar owner

-

Australia68valiant

Australian68valiant
Reaction score
Been reading heaps of discussions here about small/big blocks, stroker kits e.c.t, I own 5 aussie valiants. A 1969 vf sedan standard. A 1969 vf coupe (same body shape as a dodge dart but different front end) with 225 slant, mags, extractors = good cruiser. A origonal 1968 ve sedan in excelent condition. A rough 1968 ve sedan for spare parts. And my baby is a 1968 ve sedan with standard diff with a mini spool, heavy duty tail shaft, 727 rebuilt with heavy duty clutch's and shift kit stage 2, rebuilt 360 bottom end with 10.5 compression, j heads with over size valves and standard rokers, new cam 510 lift, edelbrock torker 2 intake, 750 b/g demon carb, msd dizzy with crane hi-6 ignition/coil. Looking foward to reeding more from everyone about stroker kits, alloy heads, new roller rockers and ordering some parts from over there. Parts cost a fortune over here, $3500 for stroker kit, $3000 for alloy heads and so on. I'd love to put a 440 in but it mite be a bit of a squeeze (my 68 shares the same front end and k frame as a dodge dart, A body) but I think it's a bit shorter so may have radiator issues. Anyway awsome site, and I can't believe what you's get away with over there, blowers sticking out of the bonnet, giant tyres, cops are all over that stuff it wouldn't even get licenced over here. I would love to travel over one day and check out the size of your car shows, they look crazy. I'll get the misuss to figure out how to get some pics of our cars on here. Have fun.

It is really easy to upload pictures on here,I have a couple guys on facebook as freinds from Australia ,that are heavy into Mopars,we share pictures and talk about the differences from here to there,welcome to FABO ,and enjoy .

Cheers fellas, the misuss is alot better with computers than me and and her 69 coupe actually looks better than my car, it just dosn't go as hard, I bought the coupe instead of a fancy wedding ring.

Cheers everyone American cars (yank tanks over here) look great, just out of curiosity, how much is a 360 stroker kit worth $$$ ? I love the looks of demons, dusters and 69 road runners. Looking in car mags and eBay you can pay between $40,000 - $70,000 Australian for a good charger, chalenger or roadrunner, how much do you's pay for a set of wheels like them? Thanx for the hospitality

-
Back