Hello from Austria

-

340S

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just want to say hello to all Mopar enthusiasts out there!

I´m from Vienna, and just bought a ´68 Barracuda 340 Formula S.

Hopefully I can learn a lot on this Forum!

greetz to all,

Gerald

Welcome Gerald. You will get lots of help and support on this great site. Some fantastic people here who will go out of their way to help. Post some more pictures of your car. What plans do you have for it?

Welcome aboard this great site :cheers: and I agree, The Formula S Cuda's are very cool :happy1: This guy races at an 1/8 mile track I frequent :burnout:

Attachments

• George%20Rays%20Car%20show%202011%20070.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 286
  • George%20Rays%20Car%20show%202011%20071.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 291
thx for the nice answers!

For now, the fish needs to be restored and looks like :

_DSC3564.jpg

Its an export model from suisse, assembled at Schinznach plant.

Actually the engine and drivetrain is removed for service.

A lot of work in the engine bay, cause of rust.

When I got enough pics, I will post it in another thread!

greetz Gerald

Welcome. I was lucky enough to visit your city about 10 years ago. It is beautiful. It would be very nice to be able to drive through that country in a Formula S. Good luck with the restoration.

servus Gerald - Cheers from Germany, have you bought this fish near the Lake of Constanze

(ist der Fisch zufällig aus Dornbirn Nähe Bodensee ?)

Australia Huh?
Put another shrimp on the barbie.
Welcome to Fabo!

Darryl

Attachments

• Jim-Carrey-in-Dumb-and-Du-010.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 251
Welcome to FABO. The best A-body site in the world.

Interesting about your Barracuda. I thought the only plant in Europe was Antwerp in Belgium. I know that Chrysler started up a plant there for 1968 production start. Those cars has. VIN # starting with 88. I did not know that Chrysler assembled cars in Schinznach in Switzerland too. What serial number does those cars starts with?

Did they sell Dodge Barreiros aka Dodge Dart in Austria? I know they did back in 1965. Barreiros were assembled in Spain.

Good luck with your car.

Ulf

hello again,

I´m really glad to be part of the Mopar family and now this forum! :cheers:

@lilredridinghoo: yes the fish is from Dornbirn! Do you have any further information about this car??

@monook: austria, not australia :toothy8: no kangaroos in austria!

@65dartcharger: the vin starts with BH29N88...

the first 8 is for 1968, the second for "export"

only about 70 Barracudas built there in ´68 !

so long,

Gerald

Hi Gerald,

unfort. not, i saw this fish at first, when i visited Christian in January/February last year (as he showed me the B´cuda on their "Fish-Market") and my wife tried to talk me into a deal with him, as she liked to get this car....

as far as i know, it set for nearly 17 years in Switzerland before Christian bought it

-
Back