Hello From British Columbia, Canada!!!

-

75DartSE

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name's Kris, I've been cruising here for a while checking things out and decided it's time to sign up!! Seems like everyone is very helpful and friendly. I'm from Chilliwack, BC, Canada, about an hour east of Vancouver. I'm a journeyman mechanic, and live for drag racing.

My car is a 75 Dart Special Edition that's been in the family since just before I was born (I'm almost 30 now). The Dart was my Mom's second car she ever owned and was the family grocery-getter until about 18 years ago when the trunk rusted out and the gas tank hit the ground in the driveway. It got parked in the garage for about 7 years until my parents said if I fixed it up I could drive it. So I got it running and fixed the trunk and was able to drive it during high school when the weather was decent. In 2005 it was parked in the garage again because there just wasn't much time for it. 2 years ago on my birthday, my Mom finally decided to sign the Dart over to me!!! There was one stipulation though....to leave it mostly stock and not go racing.

As I said, I live for Drag racing, so the first time I had it out on a permit, I took it over to our home track, Mission Raceway, for the street legals. Best ET was a 15.40!! We have had faster cars, but this was a blast!!!! It's a 318 .030 over with an old school performer intake and a Carter AFB 625. The 904 has a fairbanks street/strip kit in it, and the 7.25 rear has 3.23 gears and a suregrip.......for now.

I recently fabbed up some subframe connectors and welded them in, and there will be a more stout rearend with 4.10's and a spool. Also have some engine mods going on with some enginequest magnum heads, headers, and a cam. I'm interested to see what kind of times I can click off in this 3600lb machine this year!!!

Thanks for reading, look forwards to hearing from you guys!!!

Kris

Welcome aboard Kris!

there are a few from Chilliwack here...myself included

Thanks guys! I've been noticing there are a few members near me.

Dartvader, the isn't too bad, there is more in abbotsford and aldergrove. It's the highway in between for the commute. Lol

Welcome to FABO!
When racing is in your blood, there's no need for a transfusion!

I'll try to post some pics when I get home tonight. Having issues doing it from my phone.

I agree with your statement, Dartnut!!! I just hope our weather cooperates and that our track is ready at the beginning of the season. It is getting concrete surfaced from the 1/8 mile to the finish, making it concrete the whole way!

welcome. from Williams Lake. I also like to do a little racing with my 1969 340 dart

I'll try to post some pics when I get home tonight. Having issues doing it from my phone.

I agree with your statement, Dartnut!!! I just hope our weather cooperates and that our track is ready at the beginning of the season. It is getting concrete surfaced from the 1/8 mile to the finish, making it concrete the whole way!

You lucky dog!
The closest track to us is about 100 miles away in Medicine Hat.
I'm from Cranbrook originally, still consider myself as a B.C. boy........
Well maybe not boy, i'm 51.

You lucky dog!
The closest track to us is about 100 miles away in Medicine Hat.
I'm from Cranbrook originally, still consider myself as a B.C. boy........
Well maybe not boy, i'm 51.

That's too bad. Maybe one day you should try to make a real long haul and try out Mission Raceway. Another benefit of that track is the Sea-level altitude!! Makes for some great ET's! Lots of times in the fall we see Density Altitude numbers of minus 500-700ft BELOW sea level.

I'm having troubles uploading pics, they are from my phone but the are too big so I gotta figure out how to make them smaller first.....

Hello and welcome from maple ridge...May have some parts kicking around if your looking...parted out a few of these and still have the parts laying around.

Looks pretty good for having the trunk/tank fall out.

Fabo...Best site out there!!!

That's great, I will keep you guys in mind if I ever need stuff. It's pretty decent for the age. The paint is original but the years of being stored in the garage took it's toll from stuff being stored on and around it. It did polish up pretty well though. I may need lower fenders soon, but I would rather keep the uppers and repair the bottoms with an OEM piece of one. I hope to find a damaged set that I could hack the bottoms off. I already have the patch panels for the quarters which I'll get around to soon.

-
Back