Hello from england

-

uber cool

Reaction score
Hi All, just bought a 71 Dodge dart swinger, soon to be shipped from Houston to UK.

I have a few US cars/ trucks and still own a 59 Apache fleetside and a 63 C10 fleetside LWB and just sold my 66 2 door Galaxie.

Cant wait for the Dodge to arrive, it's in much better shape than most of my projects start. Looking forward to chatting to all on here and getting some good advice and knowledge from the forum.

_4%203_zps4xwefgmw.jpg

_4%2020_zps9cywgkwm.jpg

Looks like a nice ride! My brother had a Mini shipped from the UK to Georgia once. He said it was a pain in the butt. Is it very bad bringing them into the UK?

CE

thanks for very warm welcome,

I thinks its NOS screenwash :)

No not too hard to import to UK as long as its older than 10 years, or else big $$$ import costs

Galaxie and trucks
DSCF7655_zpse3fj3yky.jpg

26069825-5a36-43aa-9caf-8b7548d97e52_zpslowiayye.jpg

005_zpsjtjnpjtm.jpg

Galaxie has been sold to fund the Dart purchase.

Im building the C10 for a friend. it arrived in UK looking like this in Nov 14, its soon to be on air ride, it had been in a junk yard in Oregon since 1996, most parts stripped off it. So had to rebuild it, rewire it, new screen, paint, etc etc.
DSCF9622_zpsb409a828.jpg

if you have time to kill build thread here

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=656288

2 years ago I drag raced a 1600 Beetle with a T2 turbo, stock twin port 1600 and ran a best of 16.01 sec on 1.4 mile. Would lik eto be able to better this with the dart, but bot sure if that's possible, I'm told its a 360cu, but time will tell when it arrives.
dragracing67Beetle009.jpg

dragracing67Beetle037.jpg

Welcome! Enjoy the site and nice collection of American iron:cheers:

Dave,

Welcome.. Sweet Dart,like the Chevy trucks & miss my '66 Galaxie.

well its arrived in the UK and looks great, cant wait to get stuck in
[ame]https://youtu.be/FRNsUuyfIcI[/ame]

Nice set of rides you have there. A '59 Apache is a rare one in the States, never mind where your at. LOL, it's good to have a pocket full of British Pounds huh?!?! Always a bit stronger than the American green back.

-
Back