Hello from Florida!

-

DV8

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Jon, and I have been lurking here for a few months and decided to join up! I have allready gathered some valuable info from the forums!

I am currently working on a '64 Valiant, and have owned 3 Challengers (small and big blocks), a '66 Belvedere II, a '69 GTX, and a '71 New Yorker in the past.

I also have several other old hot rods that my freinds and I have built:

A '29 Model A truck with a flathead V8
A '29 Model A coupe with a 331 Chrysler Hemi
A '26 Model T sedan with a 259 Studebaker V8

Plus several projects including 2 Model A roadsters, a '32 Ford truck, a '26 Dodge that is getting a 241 Red Ram Hemi, and a '48 Dodge ambulance that will get a big block...eventually....plus a couple of '50-'51 Fords, and a '61 Galaxie drag car (it's not fast).

The Valiant as it currently sits...

New2020102000222.jpg

The '26 Dodge mocked up...

DSCF1220.jpg

The Hemi coupe and truck...

IM000647.jpg

The truck and some other stuff... =P~

DSCF1133.jpg

The sedan...

scan0001.jpg

IM000916.jpg

The '48 Dodge..

IM000931.jpg

Sorry for the off-topic pics...but that's who I am!

Thanks for looking!

Thanks guys!

The girl is a model that did a couple of photo shoots. The truck was on two covers, and the Tiki sedan was on one. It was hot that day, and so was she! She was very nice, and down to earth, and quite married! :(

Hey Jon this is Joe - James C's friend from the fairgrounds show.

Saw the Valiant a few days ago as I work about 3/4 mile from there, looks like a great start- whats in the works for a drivetrain?

DSC07630.jpg

Hey Jon this is Joe - James C's friend from the fairgrounds show.

Saw the Valiant a few days ago as I work about 3/4 mile from there, looks like a great start- whats in the works for a drivetrain?

Hey Joe!!

It's at Ralph's shop.

360 with Edlebrock heads, and a hot but streetable cam, hard shifting 727, it's got a 9-inch with 3:70 posi, Super Stock springs, 8-point cage going in, steelies with cheater slicks, Wimbledon White...I got fenderwell headers and other stuff for it....still waiting on the ever, elusive 360 pan to show up...they're like GOLD right now!

Hey Joe!!

It's at Ralph's shop.

360 with Edlebrock heads, and a hot but streetable cam, hard shifting 727, it's got a 9-inch with 3:70 posi, Super Stock springs, 8-point cage going in, steelies with cheater slicks, Wimbledon White...I got fenderwell headers and other stuff for it....still waiting on the ever, elusive 360 pan to show up...they're like GOLD right now!

Looks like it has a straight axle? Can you use a 360 rear sump truck pan?

If the pan doesn't show I know who has one, he has 5-6 early A's, 2 race cars, 1 street strip and a few projects, if you need anything for narrow A body or a small block he probably has 3 of them.

If the pan doesn't show I know who has one, he has 5-6 early A's, 2 race cars, 1 street strip and a few projects, if you need anything for narrow A body or a small block he probably has 3 of them.

Thanks Joe....If they didn't back order it, I might take you up on that.

Welcome from an ol strawberry picker from Dover Fla. You have some very cool ride's there DV8, Pull up a chair and stay awhile

Wow, what an intro!!! You're going to fit in nicely around here, I can tell already. Great cars, awesome pics (very professional) and hopefully a lot more car **** yet to come. Make yourself at home!

Welcome aboard! Using the "unpopular" 1gs and a Stud engine for your rods shows a man who can think outside the box! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Thanks guys!

Here is another shot of the Hemi with my buddy's Desoto Hemi in the backgrond...I like that shot!

DSCF1012.jpg

And a cool shot of the T sedan, and the Desoto Hemi coupe...

DSCF1015.jpg

This Valiant is my first A-Body...I almost bought a '68 Dart with a 440 in it...but it was probably a hack-job, and I was young and didn't have the money (probably a good thing in the long run!).

New2020102000112.jpg

-
Back