Hello from Idaho

-

IdahoKim

New member but old rodder
Reaction score
I was referred to this site from a guy named Jim that I called on a Craigslist ad. Great place from all I have read so far.

Had lots of Mopars in the past but all I have now is a '73 Lime Green Valiant 4-door 225/6, AC, PS, MANUAL brakes, and 74K original miles. I am pretty sure I'll be selling it though. Times are tough....

Welcome, What part of Idaho are you from? I used to live in Idaho Falls, but now live in Logan, UT. Sounds like a cool car you have.

Welcome, What part of Idaho are you from? I used to live in Idaho Falls, but now live in Logan, UT. Sounds like a cool car you have.
I grew up near IF in Firth and worked in and around IF for years. I was in the auto parts biz for a long time. Moved from there in 88 and I have lived on the other side of the state in the mountains for the last 15 years or so. Also named my son Logan.
Small world eh? In fact, rklein383 just PMed me from San Antonio TX and said he bought his 383S Cuda from a guy named Kim in IF...and that's me. VERY small world.

Here is my car
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=465180&postcount=126

Definitely is a small world. I had a 383 formula S when I lived in IF. It was a 67. Still quite a few mopar guys up there in IF. Did you happen to know the guys out at Buds Sales and Service? Built mostly model A’s and stuff, but Marty is a mopar guy. Good to have another mopar guy around.

Sounds familiar but since I am over 50 now I have forgotten so many people I knew back there. I used to drag race with Ben Campbell and Allen Ritchie from IF at the Poky track when it was still up and running. We even all won the biggest race of 86 or 87, beating all the Olds boys and girls from Poky and taking home all the big money except for the SuperPro $$. I won Pro, Ben was 2nd, Alan won Street, and a kid that raced a Camaro with a 350 I built won the "Pot Luck" 1st round losers money. The Poky regulars were really POed....
A couple others I would remember if I heard the names. Dave Hawley and his Dad were both Mopar racers. I remember Dave rolled and trashed his newly built race Duster at the early season Test&Tune the year after I left there, according to Ben. There was another guy that was mostly Mopar that had a shop on the North end somewhere for a while but I don't remember his name.
Ahhhh...strolling down Memory Lane.....:)

I have heard of Ben Campbell, but don't recall ever meeting him. I am trying to think of the guys name that has the black 71 340 4spd shaker challenger. There are two of them up there. I didn't know allot of they guys, I was only 20-21 when I lived there. There's also TJ that does body work up there that I think has been around for a wile. He's building my friends GTX right now. IF is a cool place.

Welcome to the site.Hope you enjoy it as much as we all do. Keep me in mind if you need any parts as I sell cars and parts for a living.

-
Back