hello from illinois

-

austins76

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm going to go pick up my first 76 duster tomorrow after work is there anything I should be looking for particularly

Attachments

• 00606_lr0kgMYtVF8_600x450.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 01212_3iO5P3tY7vR_600x450.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 163
Well...yeah. But you haven't told us much about the car.
Motor? Does it run? What are your plans, and what did you spend on it/what to you intend to spend on it as a project or resto?
Oh,and a warm welcome to FABO!
Are you far from Mundelein? (scene of the next Park on Park, May 13th...)

It has the /6 and it does run and drive instrument cluster doesn't work though. He wants 1500 for it but I'm trading my atv for it

Keep the 6 and for now fix the body and I'd like get the 6 up to 300 or 400 hp

It has a clean title I'm just worried if the a frame is bad is rusty if it's even worth getting

So where are the main places to look I'm going out there after work In madison in the dark then If it's Decent drive it back to lena il
Subframes, floorboards, spare tire well in trunk generally show the most rust damage. I'd be most worried about the subs. Everything is is easily replaceable or repaired. Subs...not so much.

well i picked up the duster tonight guys!!! subs are good, trunk needs patched rear quarter need either replaced or patched as well as rockers. floorpans are well i can put a foot through lol il probably end up just getting sheet steel for the floor pans and making something work. but an area of concern for me is under the hood on the right side idk if you would call it the inner fender wall but it is rust not through but thin. how do i go about this one. can i just get sheet steel since its just like a box there and weld on top of the other crap or what?

well i picked up the duster tonight guys!!! subs are good, trunk needs patched rear quarter need either replaced or patched as well as rockers. floorpans are well i can put a foot through lol il probably end up just getting sheet steel for the floor pans and making something work. but an area of concern for me is under the hood on the right side idk if you would call it the inner fender wall but it is rust not through but thin. how do i go about this one. can i just get sheet steel since its just like a box there and weld on top of the other crap or what?

Pictures,. please. Let's start there. Sheet metal & bending skills help, you do need clean metal to weld to. Hence, the picture questions....

Here on the right side is what I'm talking about

Attachments

• 00o0o_6sfBHTLHp0L_600x450.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 142
Pretty sure that piece is available from Classic Industries if you simply want to replace it. Same for the floor skin. My son is doing the entire floor from rear seat splice to firewall seam; it is readily available. All depends on if you are happy with a patchwork repair or want a correct restoration.
Looks like a very nice starting point for a Duster. Hope to see you at some of the local shows this summer!

Welcome to FABO...

I'm 45 minutes from the Plainfield Tamraz warehouse. If you pick up the parts, they don't charge shipping. Saves $$$$...

Well got the body work underway but I noticed wipers don't work either. Now the guy I bought this from has a push button starter setup and a toggle switch you have to flip before pushing the starter button. The ignition switch does nothing. So I have a feeling this has something to do with gauge cluster and dome light and wipers not working. I have blinkers headlights taillights but the number 2 fuse is gone and there is frayed wires in there

-
Back