Hello From Indiana - Just purchased my first A-body

-

scott2683

Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Scott, I live in Indiana. Yesterday I bought a 1972 Dart Swinger that I'm going to start restoring this winter and spring. Its a very solid slant 6 car.

I am sure I'll be utilizing this forum a lot on my journey, This is my first A-body and I am excited to get to work on this project.

Here are a few pictures!

Attachments

• trunk 4.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 241
  • IM000764.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 248
  • IM000847.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 246
  • rust on rear passenger side.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 235
  • IM000766.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 248
  • back seat.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 255
  • IM000765.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 250
  • IM000853.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 240
  • rust on roof.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 251
Welcome to this great site :cheers: and congratulations on a great find :happy2::happy2:

Welcome aboard!! Pretty good looking project you've got your hands on! Keep us posted with pics of your progress!

SCOTT,Welcome to FABO !!!
Nice project you got there.My 72 is a 4 door and my 74 is a 4-door....Love the Swinger

Wwlcome to fabo fellow hoosier! Great project you got there. What part of Indiana are you from?

Thanks guys, I feel I found a pretty solid project and at what I feel is a decent price!

Hey TXDart....I'm a 4 door fan too! I've got a 64 Dodge 880 four door!

I found it in a barn a couple years ago and revived it. Now I think its time to sell her so I can fund my dart!

Attachments

• 100_3234.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 100_3236.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 235
Welcome to the site! That is a nice 72 Dart you picked up, and will make a very nice resto project to keep you busy. As I was scrolling thru the pic's......... I did notice your car has a 70 or 71 Dart grille in it. Anyway's...... that's easy to change, just was wondering if you knew that. And..... last but not least, that is a very nice looking 64 880 you have there, it's beautiful no matter how many door's it has!! Good luck on your project.

I didn't know, how can you tell? It doesn't appear the car has had any damage or ever had a repaint!

I'm not the best Mopar guru on this site ( there are folk's here that know a helll of alot more than me) but anyway's the 70-71 grille's had the rectangular parking light's in them ( like what's on your car) the 72 Dart grille is a 1 year only grille. There is lot's of pic's on this site, car's, grille's, etc. Just go to the Search Forum on the top of the Homepage, and type in whatever you want to search. Something in 72 Dart Grille should show up. The only other thing I can think of, if your car was built very early in production...... Ma Mopar did some weird stuff, like using all their stock up at the assembly plant first, so I'm thinking maybe your car was built early and that's what they had and installed it. Who know's......... the best of luck on your project. Dodge 33

Welcome to the site! That is a nice 72 Dart you picked up, and will make a very nice resto project to keep you busy. As I was scrolling thru the pic's......... I did notice your car has a 70 or 71 Dart grille in it. Anyway's...... that's easy to change, just was wondering if you knew that. And..... last but not least, that is a very nice looking 64 880 you have there, it's beautiful no matter how many door's it has!! Good luck on your project.

J & J the grille on the dart looks better than the 72 anyway

Thanks everyone, I am extremely excited to start on it, money and time are the main two issues, but I am sure most of you folks can relate to that!

I did some research and there are noticeable differences in the 70-71 grill and 72. I checked when mine was produced, it was 06-71, so I guess it is possible they were using last years parts, or someone swapped mine out years ago!

Welcome to FABO, Scott

That is a good looking project you found.

I love the looks of your 880!! Wow those Coy wheels look right at home on that car. Hard to beat that look. I put a set of Coy's on my 61 Chrysler and it transformed the look of the car.

Enjoy the site! Lot's of good people and information.

If you get the time, would love to see more pictures.

Ma Snart

My 61 with and without Coy below - more pictures in my gallery for your viewing pleasure

Attachments

• DSC04941.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC00143.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Shoe 61 Dino.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 147
I appreciate all the positive comments. This is a solid project that will keep my father and I busy for months...probably years to come. I don't want to do anything too radical to it. It came with a 360 I'm going to rebuild and put in. I might even stroke it, new transmission, and a new posi track rear end. My dad will repair the roof this winter, and hopefully he and I can find the time to build the engine by spring. Since its a Florida car the body is really solid. so I I'm not worried about any other body work until we get the new drive train in.

As far as the body goes, I know every dart I see is the same color green as mine, but I absolutely love the color, so I will have it repainted green with a black vinyl top, I'm going to put the 340 style hood scoops on it, raise it up all the way around and set it on some nice mopar rallies! At least I have a vision....

BTW Ma Snart....very nice looking 61 Chrysler... I concur....the wheels set it off! Although its beautiful even without the wheels!

Hey Scott. This is Timothy.
I met Scott over on another site, and he is a pretty awesome guy. Sure does love his mopars, and takes care of them.
Nice car! I finally got to see more pictures of it, than the one on facebook. Looks like a great start, wish mine was that clean.

-
Back