Hello from Leipzig, Germany to all

-

grautiere

Reaction score
Hi there, and hello from Leipzig, Germany

...at first : sorry for my bad english... I´m working on it and I hope it will be better ( later ).
It´s normal to introduce myself at first and that´s my way to a mopar:
My name is Peter and I´m 52 years old. I started to work on cars with an age of 18 ( my first car was an used Trabant from 1959 this was my daily driver for many years!) with an age of 42 I started to work on US-Cars, because I´m very interested in V8-engines ( it sounds sooo good !)
So my first project was a 1965 Mustang coupe (289 cui, with AT,PS). I worked on it about 6 years, than it was perfect... and nothing for me to do. So it must go and the next project was a 1956 Ford F100 which I put in parts till to the frame. So this was a complete frame off restauration between march 2010 till June 2011. The good was, it has an rebuilt 351 Windsor engine w. Ede carb + AOD-transmission, 9" Ford rear axle, Mustang II-front end with power brakes... the bad : but in many places alot of rust !
Now the Hod Rod is ready for the street and I want to make a little step into the MOPAR connection... so I bought a little 1970 Plymouth Duster in good condition, with a little work to make it ready for the street.
So in the summer of 2012 I will check the car on the street and next winter (latest !) I will start the new project with this car.
I want to make it to a little sleeper, but the 318 engine is not that what I need, I think I will push it up... or I can get a 340 for it. Let´s see.
Now the car is always standing at the harbor in Germany, I hope I get it next week.
After the first inspection may be I have the first questions.
I hope, here I can get answers !
Greetings
Peter

Attachments

• Mustang.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 200
  • effi.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 217
  • duster.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 195
Hi Peter, welcome to FABO!! Nice looking fleet of cars you have there, I wouldn't worry about your english, you are doing great job :D

hello from california, leipzig is AWESOME! my band played at the zoro festival in 2009. we spent 5 days in leipzig, it was an amazing way to end out europe tour. welcome to fabo.

Hey guys,
thanks for the welcome´s !
The world would be so small with such forums... crazy, to get answers from CA + Minnesota in some seconds.
@66340sedan : YOUR fleet seems also good !

Peter

Welcome to the club!
As far as your engine choice of a 340, they are not cheap. For the price to get your hands on one (and have it shipped to you), you could build that 318 or buy and build a 360 for cheaper (hell a stroker on either the 318 or the 360 will produce a lot of torque which king for the street!). That being said if you plan on screaming down the autobahn, then rpm is what you're going to want so I guess a 340 would be better for the job. Does the Duster already have an 8.75 rear end in it (these look just like a 9" ford)? If you at least have a quick gear change setup.

WELCOME Peter and you English is better than my German.OK i don't know German but my wife is of German heritage and i like her ....

Hi and welcome from Sweden. Nice looking collection you´ve got there.

Wilkommen! Schone autos! (can't find the umlaut on my keyboard...)
Anyway, your English is far better than my German. Glad to have you on the forum and keep us posted with what happens with the Duster.

Welcome to FABO Peter!

You will enjoy this site - Good people and information

Very nice car and truck you have and a great looking Mopar on the way. Will look forward to pictures of the build of the new Mopar

I have visited your home town on a couple of different occasions. The company I work for sells farm machinary and I once went to a local Farm Show with the Germany Sales group in Liepzig. Your town was at the time just starting to rebuild after the wall had come down. It is a very beautiful town that I am sure is now more beautiful since my first visit.

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My cars and truck for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC06598.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC06055.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 71 Charger Side View #1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 10 RAM Side View #1.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 205
Guten Tag und herzlich willkommen!!!Mein name ist Jared.

Your English is better than some of our American members.

Welcome to FABO Peter!

You will enjoy this site - Good people and information

Very nice car and truck you have and a great looking Mopar on the way. Will look forward to pictures of the build of the new Mopar

I have visited your home town on a couple of different occasions. The company I work for sells farm machinary and I once went to a local Farm Show with the Germany Sales group in Liepzig. Your town was at the time just starting to rebuild after the wall had come down. It is a very beautiful town that I am sure is now more beautiful since my first visit.

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My cars and truck for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Ma Snart, what exactly is the black beauty you've got there? I'm in the process of picking my jaw up off the desk i love it!!!! :mrgreen: And welcome to FABO Peter i can't wait to see what you do with your Duster!

Welcome to Fabo, you'll learn English fairly quickly on this site...and not the good kind ;-)
Take advantage of that strong Euro Peter!

servus Peter - sind genug Deutsche hier im Forum fall´s es mal klemmen sollte

hi Peter - we got a lot of German fellows here on FABO - therefore, no worries about "your english", you will receive any help you need - and by the way, your English is not as bad as you wrote ....

Oh, so many german speaking Americans here ? Nice !
I´d collected many informations about the Duster in the last weeks, because I´ve never heard about this type before my buy. I think, this must be the smaller brother of a challenger or road runner...which are
most expensive in good condition, or mostly in bad bad cond. for a small price. Highest priority was, that it has a V8... and so I ´ve found this car:

1970 Plymouth Duster for sale, the car is in great condition for its age. motor runs great with no issues. it is i believe a 318 v8 and an auto trans ( someone said it was a 727 but i dont know) and an 8.75 rear end. the car would drive great but it needs alignment because i changed both inner and outer tie rods. also you would need to fix the turn signals and the wipers also the speedo doesnt work. other than those few things the car is great and ready to go. there is some bondo in the rear quarters and fiberglass in the spare tire holder in the trunk other than that car is solid. frame and floors are solid too. all glass is good.

I think after doing the first work on front suspension, electric and speedometer, the engine will be the next job for me. My son checked the car on a short way and means there´s no power ( aprox. 150 hp ? ), so I think, the engine is from the "bad years" 1974 + . I plan to change the
cam ( the new one should be a LUNATI Voodoo 60401LK ) and Lifters, check the piston high to the deck - may be grinding the deck + heads till 0,020 to get a better compression, put on a new manifold ( WEIAND Stealth High-Rise) and overhaul the carb ( I mean it´s now an Edelbrook 600). My wish is to have much torque and not a high speed car.

Also about the coloring I´ve thinking about:
#1 for me is a clone of Kenny Wayne Shepards DUSTER or
#2 the lime green with black ( I can´t decide if black splendid or matt paint )
-> see the pics

Thanks a lot and greetings from Leipzig ( L.E. )
Peter

Attachments

• 0803phr_12_z+1970_plymouth_duster+.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 71ply49584-1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 147
Welcome to FABO from Washington state, very nice cars you have. We also just love that German accent!!! LOL
Moe
e6b39bce.jpg

Welcome to FABO, Peter!! As others have said, you got better english than most the folks I work with!

-
Back