hello from New Zealand, 18 spline head ache a833.

-
oh sorry my mistake,

so this fits in the first step in the crank shaft ?

man my mind is blown, i just figured it out LOL
Yup. That bearing goes into the larger diameter cut which is typically used by the snout of a converter for an auto trans.
I use the roller bearing in my 4spd 408 setup. So far, no complaints.

Yup. That bearing goes into the larger diameter cut which is typically used by the snout of a converter for an auto trans.
this has been some good new for the day !

i didnt even think of that, i guess thats the extra 20 years of experience :)

i am a bit worried that my OD is a bit too small to fit that bearing tho, but i could machine up a bronze bush

Attachments

• IMG_5640.jpg
    IMG_5640.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5641.jpg
    IMG_5641.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5661.jpg
    IMG_5661.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5663.jpg
    IMG_5663.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 14
this has been some good new for the day !

i didnt even think of that, i guess thats the extra 20 years of experience :)

i am a bit worried that my OD is a bit too small to fit that bearing tho, but i could machine up a bronze bush

That's what I would do. I don't htink the smaller tip is too weak or it would have snapped off in it's previous life.

That's what I would do. I don't htink the smaller tip is too weak or it would have snapped off in it's previous life.
Likewise, great ideas and great chats i was thinking this box was a trash bin job

or not worth the effort.

appreciate the help and knowledge, Ill keep it going for another 30 years !

Extremely useful information

I’ll test tonight, and check that page out

And measure the shaft precisely.

So if it’s a gm, how do we work it to a small block mopar, purchase a new input shaft ? Or bell housing and clutch custom job ?

Again, many thanks.
hello fellow kiwi

Ive tried to keep it imperial as best as i can LOL

Im lucky i can switch between metric and imperial with my trade

I was wondering when someone was going to say something about them LOL

never a stress, happy to spark a memory from back in the day

the car sounds well cool,
How rude of me brother @crisskates2004, I was using a loaner phone last night and I couldn't actually say hello and welcome from Florida brother I'm glad you're here! This is definitely the place to be! Welcome man we're glad to have you and that is one bad *** transmission you got right there man! Welcome Brother!

much involved in re-sharpening the teeth?
With my street slick-shifted gears, no. the only thing that is important is that he flanks of the teeth are not worn at an angle that would cause them to try and kick the shifter into neutral.
As to re-pointing, I do it cuz I can. But truth be told if the brass is still working, those points can be pretty ugly, and she still shifts fine.
I imagine the Liberty Gears , not having any brass, would be a lil more fussy.

How rude of me brother @crisskates2004, I was using a loaner phone last night and I couldn't actually say hello and welcome from Florida brother I'm glad you're here! This is definitely the place to be! Welcome man we're glad to have you and that is one bad *** transmission you got right there man! Welcome Brother!
hey brother,

never a stress, always to have a chat and make some magic happen

i think its was a bit of an over kill behind an SBM but its all that was available on the domestic market here in NZ

With my street slick-shifted gears, no. the only thing that is important is that he flanks of the teeth are not worn at an angle that would cause them to try and kick the shifter into neutral.
As to re-pointing, I do it cuz I can. But truth be told if the brass is still working, those points can be pretty ugly, and she still shifts fine.
I imagine the Liberty Gears , not having any brass, would be a lil more fussy.
yep, either i will have to send them to liberty or brewers for a freshen up

the shipping is the cost, i may have to do a cross country USA trip some time soon !

i looked at the roller bearing on brewers and its sized for a normal size .75 shaft,

so ill either have to make a sleeve or a stepped bronze bush with a .6 ID

something like that, the 1st step may not be necessary but if i have it on the lathe and the material then why not.

Thanks all for the idea, i didnt even think of using the auto spigot,

ill take some photos tonight of my crank, everyone is super helpful to a youngin`

stepped bush .png

i looked at the roller bearing on brewers and its sized for a normal size .75 shaft,

so ill either have to make a sleeve or a stepped bronze bush with a .6 ID

something like that, the 1st step may not be necessary but if i have it on the lathe and the material then why not.

Thanks all for the idea, i didnt even think of using the auto spigot,

ill take some photos tonight of my crank, everyone is super helpful to a youngin`

View attachment 1716102205

I just posted the bearing, others pointed out it could be used.

Hope it works out for you! Keep us posted.

I just posted the bearing, others pointed out it could be used.

Hope it works out for you! Keep us posted.
Yep no worries,

I think that bearing is a off the shelf for a .75 shaft thats been cut down for whatever reason which makes sense,

I wonder if that make one to suit a .6 shaft, ill have to see and look

-
Back