Hello from over the pond

-

cerberus

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,
I'm rik from UK, I've just got myself into the world of classic V8's after building a volksrod as my 1st project. I decided I wanted to build something with a V8 so I brought a Morris 8 series e that was to far gone to restore but perfect for what I wanted and found a local guy selling a 318 with trans just down the road from where I live and this is what brings me here.

here's a pic of the Volksrod for your enjoyment unfortunately I don't have any pics of the morris.
FB_IMG_1634626545414.jpg

Welcome, nice work, a true hot-rodder .
There are a ton of knowledgeable folks here, covering just about, if not everything Dart, and Mopar in general .
A lot of info is easily "searched", if you can't find it there, ask away .
Cheers .

I'm already amazed by the knowledge on here I've been reading a few posts on here over the last couple of days trying to identify my auto trans but had no real luck, posted on here and within minutes had a answer with all the info I needed

Welcome to FABO, we love pictures, an 8 with a V-8, execellent.

Welcome to FABO!!! Cool little VW.
Where's @318willrun. He loves the mighty 318 and, like a lot of others, knows a lot about them.

I was stationed at RAF Greenham Common in the late 80's. My son was born in Swindon. I loved my time in Britain!!

Do you have a picture of what a stock Morris 8 looks like???

Do you have a picture of what a stock Morris 8 looks like???
59755-0.jpg

Heres a stock 1 i found online there small and light weight compared to most its just a shame you dont tend to see many in the hotrod scene. Personally i think if it had areally aggressive chop, wider stance, wider arches to accommodate so chunky rubber, ditch the bonnet and bring the grill fowards, down and at a angle (with a few other mods) i think 1 of these have alot of potential. I can't wait to dig mine out of storage and to work on it.

View attachment 1716075276
Heres a stock 1 i found online there small and light weight compared to most its just a shame you dont tend to see many in the hotrod scene. Personally i think if it had areally aggressive chop, wider stance, wider arches to accommodate so chunky rubber, ditch the bonnet and bring the grill fowards, down and at a angle (with a few other mods) i think 1 of these have alot of potential. I can't wait to dig mine out of storage and to work on it.

Too Cool! And Welcome!

Welcome from Northeast Arkansas.
Great looking build sir :thumbsup:

-
Back