Hello from SC

-

rc14

jr member
Reaction score
Hello to all i have been viewing this site and others looking for a 68 dart. I picked one up yesterday so i will be on here more now looking ofr advise from you vet dart builders.
I will sending pictures soon.
Plans; To build a Hemi dart close to the SS maybe a little more modern not sure yet.

Hello from NC. (soon to be Lancaster SC area) Welcome, lots of good info here.

TopHat

ok sc,nc mopar guys,,,im wanting to relocate to either sc or nc,,,,i visit both a few times a year,,good guys at lowes,,auto fair at lowes,,,new drag strip comming to nc,,,whats a good area,not in an ocean area,,,some thing like out side charlotte,, with job potential ?? can any one help ??thanks

I'm in an area called Slabtown, halfway between Rocly Bottom and Sugar Tit LOL Better discription is 15 mins from Clemson U. and almost exactly between Atlanta and Charlotte. 2 hour drive either way. I dont like the big city traffic.
Job potential... Good luck with that anywhere today. Textile industry still dying a slow death round here but automotive technology is filling that void slowly.

ok sc,nc mopar guys,,,im wanting to relocate to either sc or nc,,,,i visit both a few times a year,,good guys at lowes,,auto fair at lowes,,,new drag strip comming to nc,,,whats a good area,not in an ocean area,,,some thing like out side charlotte,, with job potential ?? can any one help ??thanks

I personally regret staying in NC for the 13 years I have. I live on the "outskirts" of Charlotte, 13 years ago it was a nice small town life, now every small town within 75~100 miles of Charlotte thinks they want to be the next Charlotte. In the Charlotte area, taxes, corruption, illegal aliens, and crime are starting to run rampant.

Job potential? Depends on which industry you are in. Unless you are in banking expect to make anywhere from 50~70% of what you do now. Wages in the Carolinas are kept low by very cheep labor and illegals in the work force.

Just my $0.02 worth

TopHat

Welcome rc14! sounds like a great build!!
jump on in and enjoy, These folks know there stuff,
and are the best of the best tec's out there.

thanks every one, your doing a great job of wrecking my hopes to move there,, i love the area and great people,, im in the printing industry,flexible food/medical package printing,, i have head hunters looking for me but nothing yet,,, i also carry a full tilt CDL,,, and wouldnt mind some thing local,but not long haul,,,housing and taxes are much cheaper in nc,,and even more so in sc,,then here in PA,, i have a decnt job,, decent people in management but the workers SUCK,, poor attitude and lazy,,, never seen as many lazy worhtless people till i moved back here to the east coast from chicago,, but im still hope full to find a way to relocate to nc or sc,,,thanks for your in put,, living out side charlotte is still much les traffic then being near most other major cities,, and a litle warmer there also,,,,

any one going to auto fair in april ??? great parts swap,and car show,,all in one ill be there,,,

Welcome rc14 from a neighbor from the north (NC). As fstfish66 advised, consider coming up to the Auto Fair in April at Lowes Speedway. You can find most any part somewhere in the parts area.

fstfish66 - We have lived outside of Charlotte for almost 20 years and love it in the area. Look outside the Charlotte/Mechenburg county area (I suggest Rowan due to low taxes, lower House Prices and slower life style), especially if you have kids. While the rest of the country is slowing down, this area continues to grow quickly. For long time residents (myself and tophat) this growth is spoiling the area but for new comers it is great. This area is a short drive to the Mountains for skiing, hiking, fishing, etc. and only a few hours from the beach. Best of luck on your search.

jack,,thanks for your info,,,i can only hope,but the out come looks grim,,maybe some of us can meet and say hello at auto fair, not to much on mopare parts in the swap,as usuall but the car show and car for sale are great,, i seen cars at that event i didnt know still exsisted,,

Thanks guys for your help. a little back ground here i had a few Dusters in the late 70s and early 80s a 70 and 72 both had 340s and loved them the 72 was built for Greer Drag strip 1/8th of a mile but i got it from the guy before he finished it and put it on the street i hear the car is in the bristal tenn area now anyway had kids got in to motocross and the cars had to go for motorcycles my oldest son races for 15yrs and we had a blast every weekend we were racing practicing or working on bikes and now he is done.
So dad is going to buld HIM something and i guess its going to be a 68 dart i picked it up late weekend so i am looking around for parts and ideas.
Thanks for the welcome guys

Fstfish66 i live in the Greenville area of SC and love it here. Good people you could go to a car show every weekend if you wanted spring summer and fall of course the BMW plant is hiring get your head hunter to look in this area. But do not move to Spartanburg SC its the arm pit of South Carolina hahaha

RC14 you say the BMW plant is hiring?? i heard its really har dto get in there,,,,,,il be headed to charlotte in april, maybe ill drive thru greer,..

Interested in a nice level one acre corner lot ? Very little traffic.
Was a doublewide there once before. Water, septic system, already there. 2 nice oak trees and roses too.
Anderson County, Wren school district. 10 minutes from Bosch plant and 1 hour from that BMW plant. 21K

2am thats the company name. and MAU are both doing hiring for the plant and the plant in expanding as we speak they are going to double the size of the plant so double the work force.

wow sounds great,,,i have no problem putting a double wide back on that lot,,,and a garage,,,,,,,, wonder if the bmw plant would talk to a new comer to the state ????

thanks for the info,,,,

RC14 you say the BMW plant is hiring?? i heard its really har dto get in there,,,,,,il be headed to charlotte in april, maybe ill drive thru greer,..

Not sure but that's what I hear.

Someone has to kick the bucket before they hire out there.

ide relocate in a heart beat if i thought i could find steady work,,, love the area and the people,,,,

You would have a yellow 69 roadrunner right across the street from you. Then there is a candy red 71 Challenger 1/4 mile up the main road.
The property is not advertised for sale. I bought it as investment.

wow sounds great,,,i have no problem putting a double wide back on that lot,,,and a garage,,,,,,,, wonder if the bmw plant would talk to a new comer to the state ????

thanks for the info,,,,

You would have a yellow 69 roadrunner right across the street from you. Then there is a candy red 71 Challenger 1/4 mile up the main road.
The property is not advertised for sale. I bought it as investment.

DIDNT YOU ASK ME IF IDE BE INTRESTED IN A CORNER LOT 21 K ????

GET ME AN APPLICATION TO BMW,,,IDE BE MOVING IN ACROSS FROM THAT ROAR RUNNER TOMORROW,,,

Welcome from the left-coast SC - SoCal. You'll like it here and get loads of great information.

-
Back