Hello from SoCal! (68 Dart 270)

-

MattB

Matt B
Reaction score
Hey guys new to site.. and A bodies. Im 23 and live in southern california.
Well, Ive been sold on getting a 68-69 Dart for a while, and finally found mine! I picked my '68 Dart up this last wednesday, and I have to say this car has already grown on me.
The car came with a 340, and auto with no overdrive. Currently on Non Op, cant wait to register and start daily driving this car.

Did some work to it this weekend, I installed a set CalTracs traction bars, Split-Mono Leafsprings, Rancho rear shocks, and 90/10s up front. All supplied by Calvert Racing Suspensions. Let me know if you want to see more pics of this bolt on setup.

This forum is definitely the best Mopar forum Ive seen, cant wait to be a part of the community!

Photo0178.jpg

Photo0177.jpg

Photo0176.jpg

Photo0139.jpg

Photo0159.jpg

Photo0163.jpg

Welcome...I am in Torrance.

If you are interested in joining a Mopar club, there are a few of us depending on where you live.

Hi and welcome to the site. My boyfriend sells cars and parts for a living so keep us in mind if you need any parts. Hope you enjoy this site as much as we all do and once again welcome to the site.

Welcome MattB. Nice ride. Great site for experience in Mopar & humor, smooth rides & projects.

Nice looking Dart! Welcome from NorCal! :-D

Welcome to FABO:wave:. What's the future plans for your '68? I'm currently in build mode on a '69 Dart.
More info and more pics!!!

Ken (ocdart)
VP, Inland Mopars Car Club

Was that the one in Santa Monica/West LA?? Young guy that works as a BMW tech.

Friend bought a buddy of his 68 roller instead. There was a real nice /6 270 at the last Long Beach swap.

Hey guys new to site.. and A bodies. Im 23 and live in southern california.
Well, Ive been sold on getting a 68-69 Dart for a while, and finally found mine! I picked my '68 Dart up this last wednesday, and I have to say this car has already grown on me.
The car came with a 340, and auto with no overdrive. Currently on Non Op, cant wait to register and start daily driving this car.

Did some work to it this weekend, I installed a set CalTracs traction bars, Split-Mono Leafsprings, Rancho rear shocks, and 90/10s up front. All supplied by Calvert Racing Suspensions. Let me know if you want to see more pics of this bolt on setup.

This forum is definitely the best Mopar forum Ive seen, cant wait to be a part of the community!

Haha that's funny I saw that car today on craigslist has a 71/4 904 and 340 right from LA...niiiiceee, was looking at those because a buddy of mine wants a 68 like mine...nice buy I say, congrats! and welcome to FABO! Where in socal are you from? I'm from SD!

Welcome to the best of the best site going.
Nice Dart =P~

Was that the one in Santa Monica/West LA?? Young guy that works as a BMW tech.

Friend bought a buddy of his 68 roller instead. There was a real nice /6 270 at the last Long Beach swap.

LOL, yea it was!

Haha that's funny I saw that car today on craigslist has a 71/4 904 and 340 right from LA...niiiiceee, was looking at those because a buddy of mine wants a 68 like mine...nice buy I say, congrats! and welcome to FABO! Where in socal are you from? I'm from SD!

Yea, it had been on there listed for $3500.. I had talked to him about it but told him I would think about it. A week later he had it listed for $2500. i called him up and ended up picking it up for $2250. The car is in amazing condition with the exception of a lil rust in the quarters and front floor board.

Im located in Palmdale/ Lancaster area, 45 min north of LA. Id be interested in going to a meet too. Is anyone going to Mopars at the strip in March??

Welcome to the forums. Thats a bitchin lookin dart you got there.

Yea, it had been on there listed for $3500.. I had talked to him about it but told him I would think about it. A week later he had it listed for $2500. i called him up and ended up picking it up for $2250. The car is in amazing condition with the exception of a lil rust in the quarters and front floor board.

Im located in Palmdale/ Lancaster area, 45 min north of LA. Id be interested in going to a meet too. Is anyone going to Mopars at the strip in March??

A lot of So Cal FABO members come and meet at Spring Fling just half hour south or so of you. You plan on bringing it/coming to Spring Fling?

Sounds like you are making some quick progress. Do you have some other plans for it??

Welcome to fabo :wave:
Ok so who's driving the car during the burnout ?
I see a hand on the wheel ,but because of the angle it was taken at you can't see anyone. That's kinda freaky !
Nice Dart though looks like your well under way :thumbrig:

I was born in Escondido and my car was born in LA and sold in Escondido. When I get my 68 Dart GT done I want to take it back for Crusin Grand in Escondido. Welcome to FABO.

Welcome...

Neat car and a decent deal for 2250 with a 340 installed! Nice buy! I was looking at that one, but need another car like an additional hole in my head.

Great looking Dart MAtt, I just purchased my 15 yr. old a 68 dart 270 , boy is he excited
putting the motor back together this weeend, should have it on the road by Christmas

I will be in Vegas in March at Mopars at the strip. I made reservations in August. I went last year and had great time. Swapmeet was decent size.

Nice! Well Im going for sure but I havent done the rsvp. More then likely Ill be at the FBO booth.

I will be in Vegas in March at Mopars at the strip. I made reservations in August. I went last year and had great time. Swapmeet was decent size.

Welcome Matt: You didn't buy a car. You bought a motor and he gave you a car. Great buy i must say even in Missouri. Use to run in your area long ago. Drove my first new 70 model RR in Huntington beach. Went to college in Costa Mesa and ran the coast surfing from Long Beach to Ensinada. I miss the surfing but not the crowds. Will you do an LO23 clone?

-
Back