Hello hey Mr. Del what do you think (gauge tester plus)

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
of this gauge tester.

Inspired by the original miller gauge tester tool......

I have built my own version but added a few extras.

At first I was going to use a 9V battery but I really don't like batteries leaking and being so expensive. I figured 99% of the work I do will be in the shop, so that was my logic behind the 110v

I have a plug in regulator and capacitor so a suspect regulator can be plugged in via slide connectors to test a dash regulator. I found the dash regulators to be all over the place with electrical values and often the culprit.

My unit does loop testing so I can hook up a gas sending unit and see the gauge move as I actuate the float.

you guys inspire with the stuff you post so thanks for that and what do you think. ?

Thanks also to mr. Krazykuda and the coffee crew for discussing this detail. :glasses7:

Attachments

• CIMG0088.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 237
  • CIMG0092.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 223
  • CIMG0087.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 220
  • CIMG0059.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 213
I say it will never work... looks way too fancy!!!!!!

auto electronics..... you might as well be talking Portugeese to me, with a cleft pallet and missing 3 front teeth!!!!!

working gauges in these old Mopars....... for sissies!!! LOL

Heh............I'm a bit lost. LOL. What is the object in the left bottom? Below the IVR?

Commonly know as wall wart. :)

you can say that I guess ...I took the spades off and soldered into to contacts.

The idea is so that minimal is exposed in the rare event the lid comes off to change voltage regulators or any other reason.

it's really hard now that Radio shack closed down near me.....the nearest source for any of this stuff is like an hour away.

I remember even 5 years ago we had a Radio shack in our local mall right next to a lot of big stores and now there is still one but an hour away. Even when I went to radio shack an hour away, they still didn't have half of what I needed so the "wall wart" as it's called was really my only option.

Thanks, Mr. KitCarlson

Nice job Rani!!! :cheers:

You made some interesting improvements... :D

You're very smart and sometimes amaze me with your knowledge... :salute:

Way to go Rani!
You remind me of my younger self when I would tackle something like what you did. Now, I just reach for my wallet and either buy it or have an expert in a particular trade build it.
You can inspire others to do the same thing.

thanks for the confidence guys ......tried it out on some other spare gauge clusters and I believe it works :D

Consistent results on multiple tests. :D

I don't know how I missed this. That's purdy dang awesome girlie.

-
Back