Hello, I might seem confused

-

lo_jack

Reaction score
...because I don't have an A body.

But I do have a 74 318 out of a Duster, that is going to go into my 79 Ramcharger. I have an 85 RC also. Eventually I'd like to get an actual Dodge passenger car and build a race car out of it, but for now I race my 99 firebird v6, which makes about as much power as a stock mid-80s 5.2 anyhow. Not so bad if you push 1200 less pounds with it.

I'm here to learn some more drive train stuff and see what the state of the art is since I haven't fooled with LA engines in about 14 years.

So howdy.

Welcome aboard.

Theres been a number of beautiful parts from the aftermarket for the LA engines as well as there modified brother, the Magnum engine.

New heads
intakes
headers
cam profiles as well as piston selections have gotten preety good over the last decade or so.

Stick around, you'll learn.

Check out the for sale section for for sale A body crs. Some one may even trade a ride with you.

79 R/C's have the removable back top right?

Allways liked that.

Yes it is. That's why I got it. Well, that and the v8. I've been driving and racing 6s for 10 years, and I have to say I am ansy to get back to small block chrysler.

lo jack,

I had a '79 Ramcharger with a 360. I bought it for $500 - it was beat up, dented, ugly, 2 tone green, but it would go anywhere. I loved that truck, but it got to be too much to maintain at the time, so I sold it. I wish I had it back.

Good luck with your projects.

Welcome to this great site Lo jack.
Jump on in and enjoy the great tec's we have here :cheers:
I am always keeping an eye out for a RC.8)

Welcome aboard...this is the best place for you. You will learn all you need to know form the forum. Ask questions, jump in when you know answers, just remember...we all have an equal say here.

Thanks guys. I've been reading a lot of this every night to try and get up to speed. Having fooled around with late model stuff for the past while, I guess I have a new perspective on these motors. This will be fun.

-
Back