Hello! New to classic cars and went with 69 Swinger!

-

69SwingerDart

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, recently purchased a 69 Dart Swinger.. This is my first crack at owning a classic car and wanted an A body Mopar. Originally was a 6 cylinder that now has a 1972 340. Decient driver, but could use some TLC.

Right now, I do need, weatherstripping for both doors and a driver side window regulator.

Any thought of where I can find those items would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and glad to be part of FAB!!!

Thanks!!

Welcome! I would do a quick search in the interior threads. I'm pretty sure there are a few suppliers mentioned there.

Welcome to Fabo. Post some pics when you can. tmm

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. Good choice on the 69 Dart (I'm biased). I would second the recommendation above about Detroit Muscle also.

welcome to the club, and be sure to post some pics of your car. Enjoy the rumble!

Welcome to the forum. 1969 is mY favorite year Dart. Your pic looks great. Post up more!

Hey all! Sorry for the delay and hope everyone had a great 4th! I'm going to try to get some pics up soon.

Attachments

• 2015-07-07 00.02.44.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 127
Looks great Doug! Looks like a keeper. I got to see the 70 I'm looking at a couple days ago. I wasn't disappointed. tmm

Here are some more exterior pic's. She does need quite a bit of work, but she's a pretty decent driver. Minor rust, pretty nice interior. Will most likely leave as is until Fall. Overall pretty impressed!

Thanks again for all of your kind words and parts sourcing suggestions. I found all of the door weatherstripping, whiskers, from YearOne. Wow, they have quite the inventory. BTW- Doors open and close much quieter with the new gaskets/weatherstripping, no more, "clang"! lol

What she is/has-
69 Swinger Hardtop converted 6 to a 72 340
Edelbrock 600 4 barrel
torque flight column shift
*8 3/4 posi w/391 -separate, currently has limited slip with 296, which I don't mind for cruising around.
MSD ignition
Flow master dual exhaust
Vintage Air- ICE cold!
Automatic steering
drum brakes -work very well

Thanks again for the help and support!

Doug

Attachments

• 2015-07-06 23.54.22.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 2015-07-02 22.30.18.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 20150622_204052-1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 101
Thanks Mike! I appreciate it. Glad to hear you got to take a look at the 70 and that it looked nice. So, do you think your going to try to get her? Good luck eitherway!

Car looks good in the pics! Welcome!

-
Back