Hello

-
Reaction score
Thought I'd post up and introduce myself. Name is James and Im from the Wichita, KS area. Was born Mopar, its in my genes, driving or even riding a in Ferd or Shibby makes my skin crawl, and dont even get me started on Imports! :wack:
All my Dad's side of the family has ever owned are Mopars, so that's what I grew up with the most knowledge of and decided to make it my lively hood and went through the Chrysler CAP program and here I am 15 years later almost still wrenching for a living, which just about kills your desire to wrench on anything once you get home. I joined up because I was surfing around the web looking and researching Gen 3 Hemi swaps and was wondering what issues people were running into, and what kits people were using etc. and seen several people on here were doing/have done 5.7/6.1 swaps so I joined up to gather info for my Mad Science project I'm wanting to do once I get my shop built. I also joined up on the FMJ forum, because my "project" will be a 80 J body, and while there is more then a slight difference between A's and J's a swap is a swap and as everyone knows information is gold when it comes to doing these things.

Well....I have actually reaquired the J yet. LOL I sold it to our neighbor when I 20 and had just became a Daddy for the first time. He had wanted it since he first laid eye's on it so I did some horse trading with him for the car less motor and tranny. Since then he has gotten diabetes real bad and the car is just sitting in storage and I highly doubt he is gonna do anything with it, as it still has no motor and tranny almost 13 years later.
I do have some pics of it in my box at work that I can copy and load though.

Here's the old LS, pic are grainy cause they are pictures of pictures that I took close to 15 years ago, also my old 78 D150 Custom handed down to me from my Dad, the only vehicle he ever bought new in his life the same year I was born, the older pic of it is before he painted the King Red stripe and hood inlays, and yes the squirt washing it would be me LOL

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 049.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 050.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 051.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 052.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 120
Welcome aboard nice to see a few more from Wichita area showing up