Hello...

-
He he he he, HEY Frankie! How are ya? Glad you found me and listened to TK. It's real nice here, pull up a lawn chair and have a drink,,,,the one that's Panther Pink and a Road Runner umbrella. Yummmmmmy stuff.

Thanks Rumble. I've been wondering through the board. Looks like a nice place to be. I suppose I should talk a bout the Dart.... Haven't done that in a while.

welcome frankie it looks like you already have some friends please tell us bout your dart!!!!

Well, Thank you some more!

The Dart is a 72 Swinger. It's originally a 318 x 904 x 7 1/4" car. It now has a 360/300 (right out of the) Crate Engine, a 727, and an 8 3/4 Suregrip. Disc brakes.
It presently has a 71 Grill, and front fenders, mostly because I like the 71 Grill better than the 72 Grill, and I like the 71 side marker lights better than the 72's. The interior is bone stock, but new. The only interior mods were made to the sound system. Rather than butcher the dash by cutting for a stereo, I decided to have a stock 1972 am radio, reworked to receive AM/FM/XM, and to control the under seat cd player, too, and thanks to my son, it also plays mp3's. I removed the original radio and front door panels and stored them, purchased a radio new panels from eBay to be modified, and installed. There are now speakers in the original dash and package tray locations, and in the lower door panels.
I've also saved and stored the 72 front fenders, and I have a brand new (NOS) 1972 Grill, complete with turn signals and head light bezels, still in the crate.
The original 318 2 Bbl engine was removed, rebuild back to original specs (only need a .010 over bore), and prepared for storage, placed on a storage engine dolly, and placed in an engine storage bag. The stock 904 Trans and 7 1/4 rear have been similarly wrapped, though not rebuilt. I even have the 5 original 14" small bolt pattern steel wheels in storage. If I ever decide to restore the car, I already have most of the original parts for it.

The car is Medium Blue with Black interior. It's strictly a street car, and I only drive it now and then, anymore. Last time out was between Christmas and New Years day.

Well, that's the Dart. I haven't posted a pic of it in a couple of years. More superstition than anything else. The last time I posted a pic of one of my cars, it was stolen only 4 days later. I know that it was strictly coincidence, but, hey, I'm an old Italian, and that's just how it is. TK might still have a photo of it stuck in his computer, somewhere, and if he posts it, I'll kill him, and tell lies about him for ever, after that!

The rest of the fleet looks like this: 1998 Saturn SC2, coupe. 94 Ford Chateau Club Wagon ( the people mover). 2000 Chevy Silverado LS (daily work truck), 2006 Saturn Ion 3 (wife daily driver), 2007 Dodge/Cummins Ram 2500 Quad Cab (heavy duty towing and hauling), 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab (my car).

Why so many GM products? Two reasons:
1. My son worked for the Local Saturn, GMC dealer, so I got fabulous prices, and...
2. The Local MoPar dealer is aaa.... Let's just say slightly less then ethical, imo.
Alright, he a friggin' crook, OK?
...and their service department is for ****, too!

I purchased my 2007 Diesel Ram from a dealer about a hundred miles from here, but there is a local International diesel shop that can do MoPar warranty work, so I don't need to rely on the local MoPar creep for anything.

Well, that's my story, and I'm stickin' with it. :-\"

Hi Frankie! I'm Leanna (and of course you're NOT lol!) ... it's a pleasure to meet you and your Dart. We're glad to have ya aboard!!!

Post some pics when you get the chance.

frankie, welcome. this place really is cool. just jump right on in with some pics anytime. welcome again.

Hello and welcome Frankie :wave:I am Mikey some times:sign5: but never Frankie:iconbigg:
I sure enjoyed your story about your disiel
Lets take a peek at your 72 Swinger We have some of the best of the best tec's and great folks here, so jump on in and enjoy

-
Back