Status
Not open for further replies.

grim1pisces

Grim1,1965
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi everyone, this is my first posting here. I am located in mid-Missouri. O.K., I have a stock, 1965 Barracuda, /6, auto on the floor, red/red/red. Now that you know what I'm working on so maybe you guys can help me out? The motor/trans were rebuilt probably 10 or more years ago, but it only has about 800 miles on it and still purs as much as a /6 can. I need to find the cheapest/best place/places for a complete gas tank replacement sending unit, straps, and whatever small parts it takes. I also need a break job, brake shoes, brake line hoses, wheel cylinders(or maybe just kits), heater core, floor panels and maybe a few other body parts.
I do have a commercial garage half full of car/truck/motorcycle parts that I'm going to be going through selling a bunch of stuff so I'll let you all know when that happens. Oh, I might even have some motors, I'll just have to "get-er-done".:snakeman:
I do also own a 66 coronet 440, (2) 66 barracudas to make 1 with, a 1947 (41-47style) Chevy pickup 4 speed, 49 Chevy deluxe sport coupe, 67 international scout 800 4x4, 69 V.W. bug. I think that's it? I do have a few I haven't got around to picking up.

Thanks for reading this and hope to meet some cool people here.

Did I mention that I also have a newly complete rebuilt 1971, 360 that I'm thinking of dropping in the 65 Barracuda, but the motor in it is in perfect shape. Dilemmas, dilemmas, dilemmas!

Between e-bay and your local auto parts store, you should be able to find all your mechanical parts needs. I have a good used gas tank strap and a new sender filter if that helps any.
Thanks, Mark

Welcome to the FABO Family! You're gonna love it! I am a 65 FREAK and I have a barracuda and a Valiant convertible. I will look through my stuff and see if I have anything I am ready to let go. Keep on posting, you will be more successful looking here than anyplace else!
bamacuda aka David

vans auto for the fuel tank and sending unit they ship stuff quick Too!!! they are on e bay

There's someone always selling sending units on here and on Moparts. I just got one from him. It was a good price and got here fast.

8)WOW! Thanks guy's and gal's! It's nice to know that I'm not that alone.I wanna thank all of you for the replies. I did however buy a fuel tank, sending unit, straps, and I am waiting for vallyvintageautoparts to return email about the J-bolt, tank pad, and stuff. I do however need a gas cap and I really haven't worked on to many Plymouth's but I am also looking for the fair sized electronic box on the passenger inner fender under the hood. I haven't yet messed with giving it runs puurfect, I just noticed that it's been Gerry-rigged and I'm not too hip on leaving it like that. I have found headliners for around 60.00 or so, gas tank 139.00, sending unit 59.90, and straps 24.94.
Where do I look for parts for sale here?
Thanks to all of you, Gotta go jam awhile,
Don, :rock:

You should be able to pick up a gas cap at Napa auto parts.
Really? Do you have a part number? I haven't found any auto parts chain that stocks those. There are many on E-bay who have them but most are kinda pricey.
Thanks, Mark

Well, I checked and I was wrong about Napa, your other choices are junk yards, parting out early plymouths. There are a few yards here in Houston, I keep an eye out for yah! Good Luck!

Does anybody know where I can pick up a Timing Chain Cover for my 273, it has to have three bolt holes on the driver side of the cover and two bolt holes on the Left side, all mount to the block??? I am only finding two on each side with fits the 318 OK... I know someone else has had this problem???

I believe BillGrissom (user name) may have one, but not sure if he's selling it or not. You can try PM'ing him and ask. DO you already have a water pump? They are also different from the later years, the inlet is on the driver side instead of the passenger side. If you have the stock radiator, you'll need the stock pump.

Does anybody know where I can pick up a Timing Chain Cover for my 273, it has to have three bolt holes on the driver side of the cover and two bolt holes on the Left side, all mount to the block??? I am only finding two on each side with fits the 318 OK... I know someone else has had this problem???
The '70-up covers work just fine. You just don't use the extra hole and ignore the timing marks on the drivers side.
Mark

You may want to check out the gas caps from Damraider. (Steve) Top of the line and great service to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back