Help, 4 speed console via automatic console

-
So the 2 brackets (Manual) need to welded on to the floor ?
maps

Yes, weld them to the floor. The factory welds really were not all that great, but seem to hold.... If you have a console automatic you only need to install the front bracket onto the 4 speed hump after you install the hump. The distance between the two brackets is the same on Auto and 4 speed brackets.

These pictures are very helpful to me in putting a console in my Valiant. But, what I want to do is use a shifter from Lokar, bench seat model, with the Speedway Lokar Muscle car shifter knob and make it all look like a manual 4-speed shifter and all. Wife is not in favor of a manual transmission to answer some questions here.

Here is what Lokar says about the 904 Torqueflight bench seat double bend shifter. It can be used with an automatic console using the Mopar selector. Doesn't seem possible, but if it is not useable, then I'd like to gut the auto selector part of the console and rubber boot like a manual. What are some thoughts on that?

Hemisedan. I think it would work if I am understanding what your wanting to do. The only thing I see as an issue...maybe not...is that doing what you described you will not have the 12DNR selector on the console or anywhere for that matter. Where I am this would not pass a safety inspection.

Understand what you’re saying. They probably want me to buy their floor trim with their lighted indicator.

-
Back