Help! 72 Duster 340 V8 Exhaust Manifold

-
Reaction score
I inherited my dad's 1972 340 (the V8 version) & it's actually in pretty good running condition. I need the exhaust manifold for on both sides, but not sure exactly what they're supposed to look like. There's some custom bent stuff on it right now that's causing overheating & melting-maybe missing the heat shield, not sure).

Are there any diagrams out there? Other advice? Thanks!

Right.
Someone had put headers on it & cut the transmission cooling tubes. When they replaced the cut out portion, they used plastic tubing. I'll replace this line, but won't do it before I get the appropriate manifolds.

Dad died when I was 3, so I didn't get a chance to talk to him about it. I know he had a beauty in mind cause my grandmother saved all his plans for me! And I know he didn't put on these headers cause they weren't in his plan & they'd be done right if he did. He was pretty much a perfectionist about his car from what everybody tells me. Thing is, I just want to drive it, not race it.

I would get some new cooler lines first.. That should fix your problem till you can get rid of the headers...

They don't have to be 340 manifolds unless that is exactly what you want.. The 340manifolds are kinda hard to find and expensive. Any 318-340-360 manifold should fit.. Good luck..

-
Back