Help. Engine stand/cradle

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
So I have a 360ci that is just sitting in my grandmas shed on blocks. I'd like to get some sort of stand for it, perferably something with casters that is easy to push around. I know it's a dumb question but I have no clue what I should be looking at or anything. Help please? Also is there anything like this that holds the engine and trans? Thanks!

hmm yeah figured id have to go that route. next issue would be i have no idea what i should be looking for? is there a SB dodge stand or will any engine/ trans stand work?

Engine stands for rebuilding an engine are universal. Engine cradles for storage are usually engine specific.

Summit sells engine cradles for SBM for 70 bucks

Hmm. Well I don't know when ill start building my engine/trans I just want them off the floor of my grandmas shed so I guess cradle it is!

I have two of the engine cradles, one for my 340 and one for my 360.
They just hold the engine without the trans.
A cheaper solution may be to put the engine and trans on a couple of furnature dollies.
They can be bought at any lowes or home depo, I think harbor freight also carries them.

I agree with sireland67 about using furniture dollies. Only about 15 bucks apiece. Screw on some blocks to keep engine from tipping.

Here's what I use....cut the basket off....

Shopping%20Cart%20Bottom.jpgea2411d9-b953-4f0f-b4ad-742005ef5f2aLarger.jpg

Sorry...I'm cheap!!!

I built some from square tubing and casters. They are universal and could be used with engine/trans together.

3X HF furniture dolly. The pan fits in the hole and your motor mount brackets hold it steady. $7.99 on sale. Get the larger one for motor and trans but that is pretty heavy. I used a grocery cart back in 85! The motor stuck in the bent up basket and we had to hammer it off while we hoisted it up....

wait you guys dont bench press motors?? since when have we all gotten lazy?

jusy kidding i dont know if your by a harbor freight but they have some amazing deals

Pish...that's why you cut the basket off!!!:violent1: :wink:
C'mon, you wait 28 years to tell me? ;-) We had a Ralphs right next to our condo complex and their carts were everywhere. They gave us .10 for each cart we brought back...just enough for a single ice cream cone at Thrifty Drug. Good times....

-
Back