Help finding a 1 barrel carb, or converting to super 6

-

Dratsum

Reaction score
Hey y’all, I got a 69 cuda with a slant six, and my trusted mechanic said the carb is bad. He said the air jet hole is too big from excessive corrosion. It’s a the holly 1920.

Would a Carter BBS be a direct replacement? I’ve found this one that says it’s for a ‘66 Rebuilt Carter BBS 1-Barrel Carburetor 1961-1966 Dodge Slant Six 225 6-Cylinder | eBay

Or, I’ve got an intake and exhaust manifold for a super six conversion - but none of the other parts - anyone know where I could get the rest of the parts?

I’m not experienced with car mechanics- but am learning.

The BBS is a good replacement (and upgrade) for a 1920. However, the carb you linked us for an early A, with a rotating rod to operate the throttle. Your Cuda likely has a cable for the throttle operation. That will need sorting out one way or another.

A Super Six is an excellent choice and better than any one barrel. I have a number of two barrel carbs if you need one, shoot me a PM if interested.

Is you car a stick or auto? If auto you will need the correct kickdown parts or an aftermarket replacement.

Tried to DM you @cudamark but yr inbox was full.

Also, it may be worth mentioning that I'm not going for a tru super six conversion, I just want a bigger carb and more exhaust. I found a super six intake and exhaust manifold a long time ago, but at some point I will likely go Dutra Duals and open to going the Aussie Speed / Clifford route if it makes getting all the parts easier.

I found this kickdown: Lokar KD-2904HT Lokar Hi-Tech Kickdown Kits | Summit Racing
And this throttle Cable: Throttle Cable Mopar 1968-1975 A-Body 318 & 1968-1970 A-Body 340

Will these work?

thanks /b

I didn't think this was a wanted thread.

-
Back