Help Identify 833

-

rfairba340

Reaction score
Havent purchaced yet but can anybody identify this trans without any numbers, Thanks in advance.
00q0q_hRtLNivfHTq_1200x900.jpg
00000_2ri5JTZWr77_1200x900.jpg
00b0b_j6rFQIJJddw_1200x900.jpg

will it work for 73 duster 318?
Shifter is in wrong location, will need the correct aluminum block to attach. will also need the correct bellhousing, to mate with the input collar diameter. will still be a 3 speed with overdrive.

To do it "right" you'd swap the main shaft and tail housing. The shifter is good but you'd need the A body stick and shift linkage along with a O/D bell housing for an A or F body. There are guys who have made an A body shifter adapter to use with the B/E body tail housing, but now you are shortening and rebalancing the drive shaft.

My duster is 3spd on floor now is any of that usable to transfer? like bellhousing or bearing retainer or main shaft and housing

My duster is 3spd on floor now is any of that usable to transfer? like bellhousing or bearing retainer or main shaft and housing

If it is an A230 3 speed, I think they are the same driveshaft length and you could use your same bell housing. I'd do an O/D like the one in my 66 Formula S. Early Cast main housing and A/F body O/D main shaft, Internals, and tail housing. Uses the small bearing retainer and tightens up the gear set. Slides right into the original bell housing and uses the original drive shaft.

Do you like the OD transmission,My Duster with 3.55 rear, and 235/15 tires @60 mph is almost 2000rpm keeps me off the interstates which here are 70mph so the OD would help if I can make it work and the OD trans I can get for 200.00, so was it worth it to you.

Yes
Do you like the OD transmission,My Duster with 3.55 rear, and 235/15 tires @60 mph is almost 2000rpm keeps me off the interstates which here are 70mph so the OD would help if I can make it work and the OD trans I can get for 200.00, so was it worth it to you.

Yes, I love it. I have a 273 with 3.23 gears and a 24 OD tire. I will probably go to 3.91 gears this next year.

The gear ratios are quite far apart, which works pretty good in low-performance combos.
But with a big-cam, high-reving, small-engine, I finally yanked it.It did not play nice with 400 hp. I bought several at swapmeets; one for $50, another for $125. A couple others for a bit more; I kept blowing them up.

So I picked up this trans for 125.00 and here are the numbers on the pad

( RB 833 18 87) can any tell what it came out of.

The trans is a truck o/d I bye the piece of cross member left and the shifter handle

-
Back