Help Identify Connector Under Dash

-

ringo440

Reaction score
Removed Cluster to work on fan motor switch and found this connector not plugged into anything. It has four wires red with tracer and black with tracer goes to one plug dark green to the second one and brown to last one . This is 73 Duster with a/c I have looked a few wiring diagrams and don't see this connector. I have a old harness from a 72 Demon that has the same plug. It exists the harness close to wiper connections.

20170110_150214.jpg

20170110_150202.jpg

That's what I thought it was, But all the switches for the heater & a/c controls are all plug up and after cleaning the blower motor fan switch everything is working. The plug looks the same as what plugs into the fan switch except the ones to the switch is green & tan. I wonder if their a difference between air &non air wiring ?

looks like the low/high (two speed) fan connector.
Does your fan have low/med/high(three speed)?
Someone may have wired in a '75-later switch, and just tucked the original pigtail back

So what I am seeing is that my car being a a/c car it should have c18 plugged to the fan switch and c41 plug is not used ? At this time c41 is plugged in and c18 is not.[/QUOTE
I don't have a/c on my car and to be honest its been a while since I looked at all the wiring under the dash. The logic that C18 should be plugged in on a a/c car makes since.

-
Back