Help identify this head please

-

68fastback

Reaction score
I am looking at a 360 with this set of heads on it casting number 2858920-6. The owner of the engine does not know much about it as he acquired it from a shop he worked for. He told me the heads are from a 318 but he has them on a 360. I'm not sure about what he has going on. I will probably just use my J heads but I am curious about what the heads are that are on it now. Any help would be great.

Thank you

Brad

I think thier 1967 318 heads,small ports and small chambers.Could also be 273 heads. Do they have an adjustable valve train?

I just don't get why somebody would put 318 or smaller heads on a 360. I know I am not a professional but that just doesn't make sense to me.

well this is the casting number off the block, 4006830-360-6, I cannot find this on the web page you posted. I have not seen a number like this one. Whats the deal with that number?

Never mind, I found it as a 71-89 360 block. I still don't understand why someone would put a 318 head on a 360, can somebody please explain.

They thought the small combustion chamber would raise compression which it did. I'm sure the small valves and ports ofset the compression though. toolmanmike

He said the heads have been milled to raise the compression. Now its starting to get real confusing. If he was to mill the heads anyways why not run the 360 heads? Oh well I think I will just run my J heads on that block.

Best thing to do is make the best 10$ investment you can ever make:
call 1-770-443-8874 and talk to bobby joseph and you will be enlighten,then the picture becomes clear,mrmopartech

-
Back