Help identifying rubber bumper locations?

-

Witchboard

Reaction score
I bought this kit from Detroit Muscle Technologies.

Unfortunately, it doesn't come with any instructions on where what goes. I've identified some parts, but others I can't tell where they are supposed to go unless they aren't for my 1964 Barracuda. Any help?

kit.png

The entire top row is hood bumpers. Some models use 2, some use 4.
The little ones in the bottom center I believe are for license plates, glove box and ash tray in no particular order.

I thought the hood set had 4 on the inner fender 2 each side, and the 2 adjustable ones on the header panel

I don't see where the second set would go. There's only slots towards the rear of the inner fender on mine and just the adjustable ones up front. I am disappointed that it does not appear to include the bumpers on the hood on each side of the latch release though.

IMG20230521220045.jpg

Last edited:
Just saw @Professor Fate's response. Guess mine just uses two. Good thing since I only got 3. ^_^ Thanks for the tips on the others, I'll check the glove box and ash trays!

Confirmed the bottom two left go to the glove box. One of the bottom right ones fit my ash tray.

I don't know if those other two are for the trunk or not. Mine are square looking blocks. Not like the two on the right. Haha, just notice is misspelled pedal.

Last edited:
Call DMT and talk to him.

Hevis a good guy. He gets his info from us.

I pointed out to him that the barracuda convertible seal was different than the dart.

He made an entire new set for the dart.

Hevis very receptive

Just an update. I talked with James via email. Good guy. Those on the bottom right were for the deck lid, but mine were different. He's sending me the appropriate ones, plus also the correct hood bumpers towards the back as the ones that arrived were 1" and mine are 1 1/4".

Just an update. I talked with James via email. Good guy. Those on the bottom right were for the deck lid, but mine were different. He's sending me the appropriate ones, plus also the correct hood bumpers towards the back as the ones that arrived were 1" and mine are 1 1/4".
Thanks for posting this thread. It's been helpful as I put my '66 Dart back together.

Do you have a photo of how the decklid and door bumpers are oriented? They aren't exactly symmetrical and I've forgotten how my old ones were oriented. Stupid me!!

Door bumpers:
One side's got tiny ridges on it while the other is smooth
1702772909034.png

Decklid:
One side is taller and has ridges.
1702772931198.png

1702772940148.png

On my car the original door bumper are symmetrical with no ridges. I haven't installed the replacements yet. The deck lid bumpers were incorrect on my kit so he sent me the correct flat ones. They have ridges that face towards the inside of the car, but I'm not sure how the ones you have should be oriented.

It's not a great photo and I don't know if the rubber is missing but here is the upper rear bumper
Screenshot_20231216-194705.png

On my car the original door bumper are symmetrical with no ridges. I haven't installed the replacements yet. The deck lid bumpers were incorrect on my kit so he sent me the correct flat ones. They have ridges that face towards the inside of the car, but I'm not sure how the ones you have should be oriented.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm pretty sure the door bumpers don't really matter because the shape is essentially symmetrical, like you said. The decklid bumpers are the ones that are tripping me up. I wish I had paid attention when I took my old ones off.

-
Back