Help K member bolt size

-

lawman340

Reaction score
Does anyone know the correct bolt size for a 1970 Duster K memeber.....I know it is a special bolt with a shoulder but I am just talking about the thread size. I have read 1/2 inch coarse and 5/8 inch coarse.....can anyone shed any light on this.

Does anyone know the correct bolt size for a 1970 Duster K memeber.....I know it is a special bolt with a shoulder but I am just talking about the thread size. I have read 1/2 inch coarse and 5/8 inch coarse.....can anyone shed any light on this.
Gimme a sec...

I would bet they are bigger than 1/2, sorry I have no way of measuring without removing one. So far as the shoulders, the holes are so sloppy I doubt that would be an issue.

I remembered having to send my wife down to the parts store to grab the correct socket for me. Damn sure had to be the only one I didn't have!

In my early A's, the 4 K-frame mounting bolts looked like a non-standard thread-form, more like a light-bulb thread if I recall. Might have been buggered up, in which case I should know before the K-frame drops next time I lift the frame.

I would really appreciate if you could. If i can't find a local source then I'll order from ebay (had bad luck with ebay)

ONCE U GET THE SIZE FIGURED OUT , u can go to fastenall and get allen head bolts the same size , of course you`ll have to use dthick washers w/ them . I have had 2 on my car now for about 10 yrs . .

-
Back