help me choose a clutch and flywheel

-

SirDan

Reaction score
im planning on building a engine around 400-500 hp in the future. id like to get a clutch that wont kill me to drive it. is there a specific type i should get? whats a good brand to get? also i need a flywheel. what should i get? any flywheels that wont cost an arm and a leg?

I would go with the centerforce dual friction, I put one in my dart after a number of rebuilt units, its easy on the leg, and it has killer grip. I resurfaced my fatory flywheel.

Another vote for the Centerforce Dual friction here. I resurfaced the factory flywheel too.

I would go with the centerforce dual friction, I put one in my dart after a number of rebuilt units, its easy on the leg, and it has killer grip. I resurfaced my fatory flywheel.

What motor do you use it with and what flywheel?

Just curious as I'm not happy with my McLeod diaphragm style clutch in my 360 combo.

Centerforce has been the most recommended clutch on here for a long time. Many people run one.

I have a RAM, Borg & Beck style that I used for racing and it is very stiff.

Last clutch I ran was a Hays "street/strip" Borg & Beck style (It was a very nice clutch until the first time I shifted hard and fast). It broke in under a week. I will never run a Borg & Beck style clutch again.

Mine has been behind two differant motors, the first was a stock stroke 360, worked J heads, solid cam, probally about a 380-400 hp motor. Now the car has a simple 340, maybe a 300 hp motor. That clutch is the best money I have spent on this car!!

racecar 009.jpg

great i think you guys have convinced me to get that clutch. which size do i need? and the spline count is whats on my tranny rite?

1 X 23 .. IIRC, LOL, it's been a long time for me. (Sigh!)

I also have a dual friction on my bench awaiting for me to finish up the 360 build I'm doing now.

-
Back