help need on deciding the fate of my 68 vailant...

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
i have a 68 2dr 318 vailant, pulled the engine and trans, hav a go fast 340 727 stall and a 8 3/4 rear to go into it... proble is body is in good shape, pulled rear today, lots of rust at the rear where the sprins go and some at the front of the springs...i know it all can be fixed...but not shure on scraping it and finding a home for the go fast stuff, or fixing it, or tubbing it for bigger meat, or 3'' spring relocate kit,,,love the look of the car,

Im really holding my tongue here, but dont scrap something that is such an easy fix, otherwise you will end up scrapping every other car you come across because that is an easy fix. Face the problem head on and relocate and minitub for bigger meats.

Oh, and valiants are really hard to come by. Alot of people scrap them and crush them.

If its practically salvageable its worth something.

I have a 68 Valiant that will be in need of quarters, any replacements available?

Being the body is in good shape I would fix it, especially since you seem to like the bodystyle.

You'd probably get better answers if you'd post photos of the problem areas. Maybe someone else has been there and can tell you what you're in for.

:worthles:

you do know they aren't making those anymore, right? and it's not just the 68's, they killed the whole PLYMOUTH line, so don't scrap something that can be fixed as easy as that, as stated, it can be fixed, pick up a catalog, hell you can buy enough parts to build a car.

ohhhhhhhh ya thats a bummer :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

you do know they aren't making those anymore, right? and it's not just the 68's, they killed the whole PLYMOUTH line, so don't scrap something that can be fixed as easy as that, as stated, it can be fixed, pick up a catalog, hell you can buy enough parts to build a car.

OK. Just to give you a little incentive to get to work on your '68 Valiant, here's a couple of pics of the charity raffle car our club built in 2008. '68 Valiant, 400" big block, RMS AlterKtion front & Street Lynx rear suspension, new Legendary interior. Sweet ride.

Now, get to work!

Do not need pix of my quarters, they are rusted fore and aft of the wheel well and slightly crumbled....

-
Back