Help Needed w/my 1971 Slant Six Duster

-

Matt Selwa

Reaction score
Hi,

I am finially starting to assemble my 1971 Slant Six Duster and I am hoping someone on the forum with a '71 Duster can help me. My car is an original Slant Six, but when I bought it a junk 318 was installed which I have since ripped out. I bought a slant six + transmission off of Ebay and therefore I am not sure if I have all of the components for the slant six kick-down assembly (or how everything goes together).

I would appreciate it if someone would take some high resolution pictures of their kickdown linkages from above and below their Duster for reference, the pictures in the service manual are not as detailed as I would like.

Also attached are a couple of pictures before the Slant Six was installed and the outside as it is today. Next year I will be painting the exterior.

Regards,

-Matt

b136_1.jpg

Engine1-mini.jpg

dustermini2.jpg

Really nice job.:cheers:
I have a couple of questions. What year carb and are you putting back the polution control stuff? I have several Dusters so maybe I can help. PM me your email address and Ill see what I can do.
Frank

Nice to see someone going against the grain... V8 back to slanty!!!

Really nice job.:cheers:
I have a couple of questions. What year carb and are you putting back the polution control stuff? I have several Dusters so maybe I can help. PM me your email address and Ill see what I can do.
Frank

Thanks for the positive comments that everyone posted. I am a little surprised as well to see how nice it is coming out.

The entire engine, trans, and all loose parts I bought off of a 1972 Dart. I was planning on putting all of the emissions control items/heat riser, etc.

Regards,

-Matt

Nice to see someone going against the grain... V8 back to slanty!!!

The funny thing is it will be interesting to see what the previous owner will think when he sees it. I am about 95% sure that I have ripped out every single item that he had touched (including the side stripes). I would love a 340 Duster, but it seems like everywhere I look I see V8 Dusters with the Side Stripes (which is a good enough reason to go back to a Slant without stripes). I suspect with the large number of options and high impact color it will get alot more attention at a show stock.

Plus it will be much more economical to use it every single day during the summer and park my Magnum R/T and save it for my winter beater!

Regards,

-Matt

-
Back