Help on hose fitment

-

gold68dart

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the correct hoses to match my radiator. My local parts store is of no help and I cant locate it on Gates' website. The ports are on the top passenger side and bottom drivers side. Water pump is stock cast pump (port on driver side). Anyone have this combination and can offer up the part numbers for the hoses?

Thanks!!

Sounds like the bottom hose is common for many including my 67 273.
The top port on the right indicates you have a slant 6 radiator. I dont know of a hose that works on a V8 for that.

Yeah motor specs would help wouldn't they...my bad. 416 cu in motor, stock cast water pump, AFCO aluminum radiator, Air Gap intake, inlet to radiator on top passenger side and outlet from radiator on bottom drivers side

What is a 416 cu in motor? From the other description, it sounds like a small block, so maybe some custom stroke and over-bore.

I might help with the upper hose, since those are 1.5"D for slant, SB, BB, RB, Ford, GM, ... My 273 has the top radiator port on passenger side, maybe 2" from the edge of the tank. If I recall, I used a Gates 70776 hose [search from my post(s)]. This hose must be a blessing since it also worked as the upper hose in my 65 BB and for the lower hose in my 64 Slant. It goes straight up from the thermostat, then turns horizontal (90 deg down). In the horizontal plane, it makes a 45 deg turn to the left. I turn it so is 45 deg from the car's fwd-aft axis looking down.

-
Back