Help please - Need to source seat belts for 64 Valiant

-

Kmrumedy

Reaction score
My 64 Valiant was a drag car that I am putting on the street. The guy I bought it from originally had racing seats in it. He put in these beautiful mopar bucket seats but forgot to include any seat belts. They are in like new condition so no complaints on that but the owner can't find the seat belts that came with them.

Can anyone tell me what seats these are from and what repro seat belts would fit them? I am looking for a complete kit. I see Summit has kits but I not sure what will fit. Never installed seat belts before.

Did 64's originally come with just lap belts? Or do I need to source shoulder belts too? I need them to pass a provincial inspection so would like original look but in new condition.

Here are the pics. Thanks in advance.

image_zpsa70f938b.jpg

image_zpsddbcb667.jpg

image_zps3072e7a8.jpg

64 model didn't have factory seat belts. Your best route would be aftermarket lap belts.
You wouldn't want shoulder belts without latches on the seats backs.

I replaced the 2 seatbelts in the front of my '64 Valiant with belts from SeatbeltPros.com.
I then bought 2 more for the back seat which didn't have any belts at the time that I bought it.

Glenn

OK just maybe there was a option to order seat belts in a 64. I forget what year D.O.T. required belts in everything. 66 maybe ? I've been wrong before and my memory sux too.
I do know that seat belts were brought to auto from airplanes. In some cases the auto makers outsources the belts and buckles from the same mafgrs who made the airplane belts.
That part of the reason we find huge metal buckles that get extremely hot in autos. Wasn't so much sunlight in a plane.

I replaced the 2 seatbelts in the front of my '64 Valiant with belts from SeatbeltPros.com.
I then bought 2 more for the back seat which didn't have any belts at the time that I bought it.

Glenn

Just checked out the site. Thank you Glenn. Seems very simple. I thought this was going to be a hassle. John

-
Back