Help purchasing a new fuel tank/sending unit?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I have a 1973 Duster, and there are a few things I don't get?

First how many vents, second I have "heard" if available to go with a "larger" sending unit, 5/8 instead of 3/8's or whatever it is?

Do you just cut your own hose to fit, or is there exact size?

Does anyone know where to go for this stuff for a good price?

Thanks!

The smaller sending unit is 5/16" (what most slant 6 cars came with) and the larger one to upgrade to is 3/8". You could even go with a 1/2" sending unit but not necessary unless it's a highly modified smallblock or bigblock/Hemi.

Not sure what you mean about the hose...??? Hooking up the hard fuel line to the sending unit coming out of the tank? You cut to length...

I got my fuel tank, sending unit and tank grommet from Vansauto.com

They were the cheapest and shipped same day, got all my parts 4 days later...

there's a seller on ebay with great feedback that sells a good 3/8 sendin unit for like 49.99 with free shippin. you cant beat. I got one and I'mgonna get another one. Also, you need to replace your steel fuel LINE from the tank all the way to the pump with matchin 3/8 line.

there's a seller on ebay with great feedback that sells a good 3/8 sendin unit for like 49.99 with free shippin. you cant beat. I got one and I'mgonna get another one. Also, you need to replace your steel fuel LINE from the tank all the way to the pump with matchin 3/8 line.

Oh yea, I agree...A 3/8" sending unit will do nothing if you don't also upgrade to 3/8" fuel line...

came in today. bought off of ebay 39.99 with free shipping. the seller is AM-AutoParts.
c9a48407.jpg
[/IMG]

f055d155.jpg
[/IMG]

oh, the locking ring and seal are also included...

I have a 70 dart slant six and i want to replace the sending unit. is it safe to assume its a 5/16 line?

most likely it has 5/16" line if its a slant 6 car...if u replace the sending unit with 3/8", you will also need the 3/8" fuel lines...

More fuel...Will solve fuel starvation on a performance engine....Think of drinking soda through a coffee stirring straw, then drink soda with a regular straw...that should help ya..lol

-
Back