HELP! Stranded!

-

TripleJackInGA

Master of None
Reaction score
Hey Guys - accessing through my very basic phone, because the car has me stranded. 72 Dart Slant 6 Auto w/58k miles. No hints of any electrical issues, stopped at a friends, came back 20 mins later, hit the key & nothing. Not even the door buzzer works. Odd thing is that it has very very low power throuought the car. Examples would be I can hear the door buzzer/door light switch click, but no buzz with key in. I can turn on the dome light, but it comes on slowly. No headlights/flashers/signals, but I can here the hazard flasher going. No dash lights at all. Radio will work in ACC position, but comes omn slowly, and if I try to turn on anything else, it goes out. Checked the ballast resistor visually. Tried jumping the starter relay with nothing. No obvious bad wires. I don't have a test light with me. Could this be the fusible link that comes out of the bulkhead connector in the engine bay, & can I bypass this temporarily? Any help is appreciated!!

Did you try jump starting it of off another battery? Check your ground at the battery and block to make sure it not loose.

Dirty cables to the battery and carroted or a bad corrosion at the battery wire to the post clamps.
If the key was left on and did not get turned off and you have points it will drain your battery if the points was closed.
If not, sounds like an alternator or :idea1: could the voltage regulator on the fire wall went bad :scratch: I think that will keep it from charging :-k:-k
Another tech will jump in here soon to let us know

We all have been there one time or another, Glad to hear you are up and running.
And welcome to this great site , I need to spend more time in the welcome wagon forum, this site has so many folks I can't keep up.

-
Back