Help TC won't drop in place

-
Here r the numbers I have on my tranny
Bell houseing 075-5
On the flat plate it looks likes 9C271and cannot make out the last threedigits
Side of transmission number 3410075-5
That's all the numbers I can see

Why not just count the splines? On both shafts?!?!?

I would say they have different spline counts. You have to be careful with MA MOPAR stuff. This is NOT GM!.

Wrong convertor!!!!!

Rebuilt trans is later spline (fine) 27
slant tc is early (course spline) convertor. 18

you need to get later spline convertor to go into rebuilt trans.

Good luck; lon

It's obvious in the picture that the splines are different but remember this, the coarse spline input shaft is a smaller diameter so a fine spline converter (such as your new converter) will drop in it, it wouldn't work but it'll go in place. An old style coarse spline converter will not drop onto a newer fine spline input shaft. I can see the splines down in the converter well enough to tell it is a fine spline so it should go in. My guess is the problem is either what Kim said about the pump gears aren't lined up right or for some reason the pump bushing is too tight. It's possible the rebuilder buggered up the bushing installing it. When I rebuild one I always clearance the converter snout/bushing so it goes together easy. You don't want them real tight either cause the bushing gets hot and swells up tight on the converter and that's real bad. I'd first try what Kim said about aligning the gears. If that doesn't work take it to the rebuilder.

Wrong convertor!!!!!

Rebuilt trans is later spline (fine) 27
slant tc is early (course spline) convertor. 18

you need to get later spline convertor to go into rebuilt trans.

Good luck; lon

If you read through you'll see he has a new converter. He only tried to install the /6 converter as a test to see if it'd go on. The /6 converter isn't what he's having trouble installing

Here is the latest I took the tranny back to the rebuilder he tried to put the TC in and said it is the wrong TC. He kept the tranny and TC said he will get it worked out and get me the right TC to fit my tranny. So we will see

Up I finally got my transmission back with a new TC and everything drops in like it is suppose to. Thanks for all the help and assistance
Now when it quits raining I'll try and get it installed

-
Back