HELP! Turn signals/heater/wiper blades inter. Not working

-

MoparCaligirl

Powered by coffee
Reaction score
Ok, so in the morning I have a 50/50 shot on if signals/wipers/defrost will work.

Technically all work with key on acc. But as soon as I fire her up nada...sometimes😕

Normally works fine the next time I drive.

Fuses look good wiring looks good.

Any specific spot I can check where all three intersect so to speak?

This didn't happen until I got in a car accident pass front damage

1975 Plymouth Duster 318

First thing is to determine if this is "everything" fed by the accessory side of the ignition switch.

"Rig" a meter or even a lamp to the accessory buss in the fuse panel. Remove the panel, drop it down and look at the back. There are two brass buss in the back. One is hot at all times, the other is hot in run and accessory. Hook a meter / lamp to that buss and see if it goes dead when the problem arises.

If it does, then backtrack to the ignition switch connector. It's either that connector or the ign switch.

First thing is to determine if this is "everything" fed by the accessory side of the ignition switch.

"Rig" a meter or even a lamp to the accessory buss in the fuse panel. Remove the panel, drop it down and look at the back. There are two brass buss in the back. One is hot at all times, the other is hot in run and accessory. Hook a meter / lamp to that buss and see if it goes dead when the problem arises.

If it does, then backtrack to the ignition switch connector. It's either that connector or the ign switch.

Is the ignition switch connector closer to the fuse panel or steering column?

Is the ignition switch connector closer to the fuse panel or steering column?

You need to tell us what year & model car you are talking about so we can give you the proper answer.

If it's 69 and earlier, the ignition switch is in the dash just to the right of the steering column.

70 and later the ignition switch moved to the steering column...

You need to tell us what year & model car you are talking about so we can give you the proper answer.

If it's 69 and earlier, the ignition switch is in the dash just to the right of the steering column.

70 and later the ignition switch moved to the steering column...

I'm so sorry! Too busy to think lately😳
1975 Plymouth Duster 318 if it matters

Yeah, what year?. On the column lock models (70 and later) there are two connectors coming out of the column. One is turn signals, the other is ignition switch.

"IF" this is an accessory buss problem, it's either problems in that column switch connector, the ignition switch, or a poor connection right at the buss in the fuse panel.

I'll check out everything hopefully tomorrow, I'm thinking the fuse panel will be my first check as that's one thing that could have gotten jarred in the accident

-
Back