Help wanted!

-

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for an NOS by-pass hose between the intake manifold and the waterpump. Anyone for sale?

Do you mean a OEM one? Otherwise, a good auto parts store should carry it.

He's in Sweden, so maybe not a common item.

But like Mark said, are you looking for an OEM Mopar brand one, with correct part numbers and date codes, etc, or are you just looking for a new, correctly molded hose and don't care about the brand? And is it for a 65 small block? Or maybe a 70+?

I'm just looking to get a OEM by-pass hose for a 1965 273 engine. What I know of there wasn't any markings or date codes on them. The reason is simply that after they were mounted with the wire clamps they were painted engine color!

I don't think Chrysler has made that hose for 20 years so unless it's going on a trailer queen, I wouldn't drive around on a 20 year old hose. Just get a new aftermarket one and be done with it. As you stated, they were painted anyway, so how is someone going to tell the difference?

I don't think Chrysler has made that hose for 20 years so unless it's going on a trailer queen, I wouldn't drive around on a 20 year old hose. Just get a new aftermarket one and be done with it. As you stated, they were painted anyway, so how is someone going to tell the difference?

Well, after following Ulf's restoration thread his car will be one or if not the best, most correct restored 1965 Dodge Dart to hit the masses, so I would imagine he wants the best parts available! Good luck in your sarch, I will keep an eye out for one too.

-
Back