HELP!! What am I missing on my hood latch?

-

Kevin Jonker

Reaction score
68 Fish, we took the hood off 5 years ago. I go to put it back on and the release under the nose piece won't move? It's like something was taken off. It looks like the rod that would connect the release mech. is just attached to a bolt? Here are pics of my latch. What am I missing? Can someone post a pic or two of their latch assy? PLEASE. We are racing the 8th of Jan. Thx, Fabo is the best! Kevin P.S. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Attachments

• vacuum pump, intake manifolds 013.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 130
  • vacuum pump, intake manifolds 014.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 135
  • vacuum pump, intake manifolds 015.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 126
Rod should be attached to the end of that handle where you got it bolted on. Should be a hole in the end of it to hook the rod on.

Ok I'm known to be dense... The rod is attached to the release handle (in pic it's hard to see) It's almost like where the rod is snug at the bolt, there shold be a a swivel type action and another rod to the release mechanism?

I have hood pins and took mine off a long time ago. So I can't take any pics for you.

That rod should go from the lever you pull to open the hood to the release mechanism. Sorry it is hard to explain. Hope that helps.

So it looks like that rod was just wrapped around that bolt? Then I need a longer rod to travel all the way to the latch?

I don't know if this helps.

Looks like it is set up for a cable release.

Attachments

• vacuum pump, intake manifolds 014.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 103
  • vacuum pump, intake manifolds 015.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 107
Are 69s different?if not I can get pics of some I have,but both are from 69s.

Please post pics if you can. It would be greatly appreciated! I know no one has touched this car since I took the hood off!!?? I may just be losing my mind.... After all I just turned 53.... Am I all used up? lol

its not anything to do with being 53.I,m 53 too. That is definately a inside release.

:toothy10:My mind has been gone all of my life just ask my wife:toothy10:
Now before I go and confuse you any more does anyone know if the 68 and 69 set ups are the same?Mine is a long hanging lever that is behind where the front license plate attaches.

-
Back