HELP!!! Window adjustment on a 1970 Duster.

-

KrisKringle

Reaction score
Hello from Germany. I am trying to get the passenger side window adjusted. I did a check/search and looked at the link The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1970 Passenger Car Highlights - Body.
Well, I did what I could, but there was no improvement. Thanks in advance for any help.

I included photos to show the problem. I cannot get the glass "tight" at the rear edge, and there is a gap that lets water in. In the photos are the places I tried to adjust. Tomorrow I will check on a stop at the front, as it appears it is going to high. I already adjusted the stop at the rear.

2021-02-10 16.58.45.jpg

2021-02-10 16.58.31.jpg

2021-02-10 16.58.25.jpg

2021-02-10 16.41.58.jpg

2021-02-10 16.41.55.jpg

If dusters have vent windows....

With the door open, and the glass all the way up. If you grab onto the glass from the rear most part of the glass can you lift the glass up causing it to go deeper into the vent window channel?

Can you post a wider shot of your door. I adjusted my 70 with the same issue. I don’t see the bolt you need to loosen to make it happen but it’s one bolt that will do the trick.

Can you post a wider shot of your door. I adjusted my 70 with the same issue. I don’t see the bolt you need to loosen to make it happen but it’s one bolt that will do the trick.
I am at the shop now, I will take another photo and try to upload it from my phone. Thanks.

Looking at the door the very last bolt on the right top I think has some room to slide in the slot it’s in. Loosen and move it in that slot and see if that gets it. It’s been a while since I did mine but it’s one of those three there together that will get what you want. I messed with mine too long before I started adjusting them and it went right in place.

Looking at the door the very last bolt on the right top I think has some room to slide in the slot it’s in. Loosen and move it in that slot and see if that gets it. It’s been a while since I did mine but it’s one of those three there together that will get what you want. I messed with mine too long before I started adjusting them and it went right in place.
I figured it out. The front stop was too low, and the rear stop was too high. Someone also set the rear brace in the wrong direction. In addition, I adjusted the door latch a bit tighter. Not optimal, but no gaps or problems with rolling the window down with the door open or closed. I also greased the heck out of all of the runs.
Thanks for your help.

Oh, the adjustment for the front stop is hidden under the Duster emblem. Remove it with care...it is 50 years old.

If you still have it open adjust those bolts that are in the slots. I was amazed at how much better the window seated and rolled up and down.

-
Back