Help with Door Glass Track Installation

-

Wandering Jack

Reaction score
I have a 1970 Duster which was missing the door window rear track when I bought it. I have procured an NOS part from Ebay but I have no idea how it is supposed to be installed in the door. There is a threaded bung, or, nut at the top but I do not know how a bolt is supposed to go in there. I have uploaded a picture of the part in question just in case my description is inadequate ( which is often).

20211106_104051.jpg

Purly a guess on my part...

Red end toward inside of door toward top of door

Green end to bottom of door shell

20211106_104051~2.jpg

Glides or wheels on glass go into the slot that would be facing the outside of the door.

There might be other parts you are missing based on google images

That threaded part goes to the top. Looks like the rear slide for the glass.The bottom slotted piece is to adjust glass angle once everything is installed.

End in green appears to be bent. Does the channel include the felt liner
It is a duster, so full glass and glass has wheel sliders attached to it rather than felt for glass to slide up and down in.

DSC00267~2.JPG

Last edited:
Do these help? Pics are from top looking down, and bottom looking up. The yellow is the top of the door. Let me know if you need anything else.

IMG_1706.JPG

IMG_1707.JPG

I have a 1970 Duster which was missing the door window rear track when I bought it. I have procured an NOS part from Ebay but I have no idea how it is supposed to be installed in the door. There is a threaded bung, or, nut at the top but I do not know how a bolt is supposed to go in there. I have uploaded a picture of the part in question just in case my description is inadequate ( which is often).

View attachment 1715816225
How about just pulling off the door panel of your other door and taking a look?:poke:

The car had no door panels so I can see all that is in there. Also, Murray, it does not have the felt liner; that is something I had best look into later. I am just unsure as to how to get the bolt into the top, which is the red end, as the other side's channel is present and I tried to remove it but could not get any tool in there to remove the bolt. I'll have to keep at it and I'll let you know what happens. Thank you all for your responses; they were all quite helpful.

I am just unsure as to how to get the bolt into the top, which is the red end, as the other side's channel is present and I tried to remove it but could not get any tool in there to remove the bolt. I
Is it possible that the upper attachment goes onto a key hole slot in the braket attached to the door frame?

IMG_1707~2.JPG

-
Back