Help with using "Search"

-

rod7515

Reaction score
When I am searching a phrase instead of a single word is their a way to only get results with the complete phrase. For instance I am searching for "setting timing". I dont want threads with "setting" and then threads with "timing". I want to only see threads that have the complete phrase included.
Thanks and appreciate any help you can send my way.
Rod

This search ,works different . Run with just "timing",in the first slot. Go to the right,down a bit. Select out of the "forums" section, to narrow it down. Hopefully ,this helps

What do you want to find out about setting timing? Sometimes being more specific helps narrow the choices. tmm

I also use the drop down box and change "search entire posts" to "search titles only"

Toolman, was just wanting to read all the different thoughts on timing from the many people that have played with it. As for selecting different areas of the forum Ive done that. The search here is not as easy to use as some of the other forums I belong to.
Thanks
Rod

OK - Here's a way to walk around the barn to get to the front door!

1. Go to google search
2. Key-in "setting timing site:forabodiesonly.com"

Try it, it works. You can use it for fractions or decimals that won't work in regular search - 8 3/4, 8.25, 7 1/4, etc.

1. Go to google search

Try it, it works. You can use it for fractions or decimals that won't work in regular search - 8 3/4, 8.25, 7 1/4, etc.

Yes, a guy from smokstak.com recently showed me this google search and it works GREAT!!!!

68coupe, a big thanks for that tip. Yes that is exactly what I was looking for. Just tried it on my phone and it brings up so many posts with that. Wow, that will help in future searches as well. Great tool. I should have ask much sooner.
Thanks again
Rod

Yep, as stated above works better than the site's own search. Here's how I usually type in my searches:

site:forabodiesonly.com "setting timing"

A single space after the site & website string and then quotes around those two search words if I want it to be really specific to those two words in a row. Here are the results from my search: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aforabodiesonly.com+%22setting+timing%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb and.... you don't have to wait 30 seconds between searches!

1. Go to google search

Yep, as stated above works better than the site's own search. Here's how I usually type in my searches: site:forabodiesonly.com "setting timing" A single space after the site & website string and then quotes around those two search words if I want it to be really specific to those two words in a row. Here are the results from my search: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aforabodiesonly.com+%22setting+timing%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

and.... you don't have to wait 30 seconds between searches!

That works well. Thanks for the tip.

1. Go to google search

This is good info! I've always disliked the search function on here.

-
Back