Help with value of '67 Barracuda

-

Straight8

Reaction score
This Barracuda has been sitting in my garage for 15 years. Need to get an idea of what it's worth. Pic's here: Straight8's Library

8 3/4 with 742 Posi.
Moser axles and Green bearings.
727 Auto transmission.
360 with J heads, Edelbrock intake and carburetor, mild cam, 9.5:1 compression ratio.
Tubing Technology headers and 2.5" exhaust.
1973 front disk brakes, 10.5" rear drums.
Some minor rust damage, mostly where the vinyl top mated to body.

Just looking for a fair price, thanks for your help --S8

interior looks awesome except some missing pieces.
Missing panels
missing center console
suspension looks wore out.
missing outer trim
outer paint all gone
missing emblems
turn signals
hood trim
rear under glass panel
missing carpet
engine bay looks awesome.so judging that it drives well.

front plymouth emblem is from a 67?
i thought 68's had the smaller plymouth emblem to the right. ?

i got you anywhere from 6k-8k

there are little things you could easily do to raise$$$ that up.

Last edited:
Are you sure this is a 67? It smacks of 68 unless someone went through a lot of trouble to add 68 only items. Side markers, emblems, grills, and tail lights are 68.

This is my daughter's car, just going by what I was told. Because of your feedback, I checked the VIN and it comes back as 1968. Apparently it has a '67 snout on it. Thanks for all you replies, S8

This is my daughter's car, just going by what I was told. Because of your feedback, I checked the VIN and it comes back as 1968. Apparently it has a '67 snout on it. Thanks for all you replies, S8
Forgot to mention that much of the body trim and emblems, the hood trim, the door panels rear window panels and center counsel are available. S8

Being a V8 helps, do you know what the original drive-train was, is it an original bucket seat car?

Car was original with bucket seats and center counsel. The counsel, along with bright work and panels will come with the car. According to the VIN, the original engine was a 318 2bbl. Transmission probably a 909 and the rear end was a 7.5". S8

straight8...

i keep track of barracudas showing up on various web sites for sale. right now, the market seems to be down for all A body cars. you can buy a nice 67-69 driver barracuda for $15-18k. a VERY nice barracuda in these years can be had for around $22-$25k. "museum" or "trailer queen" restoration barracudas can be bought for $30-$35k. the ONLY A body barracudas that are worth more than $35k are "fully restored" or "trailer queen" original 440 69 M-Code models. recently, one of those sold at auction for $45k.

while your car does have some positive things in its favor, it will require a lot of work and parts to complete. i've seen cars in similar condition as yours selling currently for $5k-$8k. unfortunately, the auction prices for muscle cars are not what they were a few years ago. you can buy pretty much ANY make or model 64-71 muscle car in very nice condition for $30-$35k. the majority of cars selling at auction presently are selling for less than what it would cost to buy the same car and restore it. there are a few chevy, pontiac, ford and mopar models that are still bringing lots of money. but for the most part, you can buy a fully restored car right now cheaper than you can do it yourself.

i could easily see spending $10k on your car with parts, paint and labor. if someone bought your car for $8k and spent $10k on it - they would be at the average current price of $18k. naturally, you can spend as much or as little on building the car you want. the numbers i'm using refer to the average stock appearing barracuda with OEM drive train and nice interior and paint.

i mean no disrespect for your car - it's just that the collector car market has probably peaked and is starting to decline with some cars falling in value faster than others.

-
Back