Help with wheel choice 15" or 17"

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
I think I've narrowed down my wheel choice for the dart to these. ET Classic Five wheels.
These are sbp and available in 15" and 17" in several different widths.
They are quite expensive, but these are the wheels I've always wanted, and I'm going to find a way to come up with the cash.

But need opinions, should I go with 15" and a fairly stock size tire, or maybe go for the 17's for a more modern look ?

They will look good either way, just not sure which way i want to go. With the cost of these wheels, I want to get it right the first time.

WHat cha all think ?

There's also a cost difference of about $60 bucks per wheel more for the 17's

Attachments

• 7-15X5-Va.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 512
Im still a bigger fan of the smaller 15" wheel. Unless Your building an auto X type car.

I also would go w/ the 17's for the modern look. Your tire choices will also increase tremendously........

I love your wheel choice. Looks like the old torque thrusts 8)

Depends on your brakes, or any future upgrades you plan on making. If ya have drums in front stick with what ya got now

Depends on your brakes, or any future upgrades you plan on making. If ya have drums in front stick with what ya got now

Problem is he is sticking with small bolt pattern. So any brake upgrade will be large bolt pattern. I don't know of any SBP disk brake upgrades. Maybe willwood with a 12" rotor ??

Problem is he is sticking with small bolt pattern. So any brake upgrade will be large bolt pattern. I don't know of any SBP disk brake upgrades. Maybe willwood with a 12" rotor ??

Yeah, I think a bolt pattern upgrade would be a necessity if that's the case

I think 17" look stupid on an older car, they look fine on a newer car, 15" look great on an older car, only problem is tire selection, lots to chose from in 17" not so much in 15", I vote 15" and live with the limited tire selection, I know "form follows function" just cant get past how wrong 17" look and how good 15" look

no small bolt disk brake?
factory kelsey hayes
SSBC
willwood
scarebird
there are many options for small bolt disk brakes

I vote for 15's with a taller tire. Try a 255/60 and 225/60.

I agree. That's what I have on my '68 Dart.

engine004-1.jpg

Almost forgot I posted this.. lol

Anyway, to answer a couple questions.

The car in currently sbp. I converted it a couple years ago from 9" drums to the SBP KelseyHayes disks.

Why am I set on keeping the sbp, well I already did a brake swap once, and I've already rebuilt the entire front suspension. Dont really want to spend the time and money to convert it to LBP and re-do and re-buy half the stuff I've already done. And I really dont like how the 73 up swap moves the front wheels out by almost an inch per side.
The cost of the swap is also a factor.

Whats the lbp swap cost, probably $700 to $1000 ? If your including new rear axles, drums, brakes, etc.
I could do the swap and then look for cheaper wheels. But I really like these rims.

As far as 15 vs 17, I guess I could go with 16's, I checked their site again and they do have a 16 available with a range of different backspacing.

Its just hard to decide which way to go. Do the swap and have a larger selection of cheaper wheels.
Or stay with the stuff I've already rebuilt, and pay through the nose for nice rims. ?????

what is the website? Those would look awesome on my black 67 barracuda! Im thinking 15 front and 17 rears, kinda like that idea!

stay with the factory look stay at 15in

15" X 7" Steelies with red-line dog dish caps on your car. Body color would be first choice,gloss black second choice. Stocton wheel, Wheel vintiques, ect should have a small bolt 15" steel wheel for you.

This Dart has 235/60-15's all around.

Attachments

• IMAG0004.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 303
I like the 15's....looks more like a muscle car to me. I love the big wheels to, just not on the new stuff though. I've had 17's on a Duster, did make it handle a little better but went back to 15's with 275/60/15.

what is the website? Those would look awesome on my black 67 barracuda! Im thinking 15 front and 17 rears, kinda like that idea!

Sorry, I thought I added the link already, but here it is.

http://www.team3wheels.com/et/classic5.html

The wheels listed in red, are one piece wheels and are a little cheaper, and are instock.. All the others are two piece (I've emailed them for a pic of the two piece, but haven't heard back yet), and are more expensive, and theres probably a wait to get them cause they are basically custom made after you order them.

-
Back